cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My live safe VPN is not working

Live safe comes with a VPN but for some reason I cannot see the option to connect the VPN on the console itself and when I try to turn it on via the tray icon in my windows 10 OS it ahows that we can't connect to the VPN right now.

3 Replies
Magesh
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: My live safe VPN is not working

@VEGETARIANBAT 

We are truly sorry for the inconvenience. Please check the below articles that has more information on connection issues with in VPN. Please update us if you still have problems after referring the articles below, we will take it further in resolving your query. 

VPN connection error messages on Windows 

Connection issues with McAfee VPN 

Thanks,

Hi, i made sure to go through and followed these steps as mentioned int the article:

If you are unable to create a VPN connection, follow these general troubleshooting steps:

• Make sure that you have a good, stable connection to the internet.
  • Make sure that your McAfee product is up to date.
  • Make sure that your device is not rooted (Android) or jailbroken (iOS).
  • Verify that a firewall app or other VPN app is not conflicting with your McAfee VPN.

• If you have another security product or VPN installed, either uninstall or temporarily disable them.

• Test another network

• Try connecting to the VPN on another network. Doing so helps you determine if the issue is with your network or potentially another component such as your router.
    • Testing a different network can also help to determine if your Internet Service Provider is censoring or restricting VPN connectivity.

But even after ensuring and completing all of these steps did not resolve my issue which is 

A- I cant see the option to connect to VPN on the Macafee console itself 

B- If I try to turn on the VPN via the tray icon via my windows 10 OS it says that it can't connect to VPN right now.

Ps- My macafee live safe is up to date and the auto renewal of my payments is on. I also tried to connect via various connections but had the same result 

OliM
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

B- If I try to turn on the VPN via the tray icon via my windows 10 OS it says that it can't connect to VPN right now.

... It says this all of the time

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community