cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
passerby
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 1

Multiple copies of LiveSafe and modules running simulataneously - spoofing and internet hijack?

My Win 10 PC Taskmaster Process view is showing FOUR current copies of the main LiveSafe module running, and two or three identical versions of some other modules running at the same time.

I have had instances of Windows Store opening on it's own, module installer and installer helper opening and instances of apps like Calculator, Bluetooth service (which I had uninstalled and was reinstalled remotely by someone) and other apps that have no business running on my computer.

I have instances of as much as 2.9 GB of download activity over a normal day that is not associated with normal operations.  I am not running resource intensive apps or programs.

I firmly believe that hackers have easily gotten into the Wifi router and have installed a Linux kernel, using the new Joinify executable that MS Win has added for future IoT connectivity.

Others have noticed and reported the same instances of multiple copies of McAfee running, as reported here, with zero feedback from the community and the company - starting from last February, at about the same time as cryptocurrency blockchain ICO trading started to escalate.

This is not acceptable.  These hackers are using new computers to mine for cryptocurrency and they have easily hijacked their way through McAfee.  There is NO reason for multiple copies of McAfee to be running (as many as 20 instances right now on my computer.

As soon as I try to button down internet intrusion, more modules are opened in the background, using port access from apps (like calculator and time service) that should not be running at all.

Please, please respond and elevate this issue.  This is malware that is using trusted computers and security software to slip past and run their computations on our computers time and dime.

Thanks for your help, in advance.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community