Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dero1969
Contributor
Message 61 of 110

Re: Module Core Service high cpu and ram usage

Jump to solution
I have the same problem, is there a solution ?
Tang18
Contributor II
Message 62 of 110

Jump to solution

REPORT THE COMMENTS THAT WERE TAGGED AS "SOLVED" AS INNAPROPRIATE CONTENT!

Ade57
Contributor II
Message 63 of 110

Jump to solution

On 3/5/18 I posted that this problem was resolved on my Dell Inspiron PC by updating McAfee and Windows 10 (manually).  The recent updates were not coming through automatically for some reason.  Today (3/12/18) the Memory Core Service continues to have low CPU and Memory (0 percent CPU and 0.9 Mb at this moment), although it does float up for a while on startup.  Recommendation: manually check for updates to McAfee and Windows 10.

The indication of "Solution Found" on the post does not seem like a solution.

kirkclaybrook
Contributor III
Message 64 of 110

Jump to solution

Reported. Thank you. I would urge everyone else to report it too.

The lack of action from Mcafee is disgusting. We paid good money for their software and it has caused us more harm than a virus.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 65 of 110

Jump to solution

wrote:

REPORT THE COMMENTS THAT WERE TAGGED AS "SOLVED" AS INNAPROPRIATE CONTENT!

Am unsure who marked the discussion as solved however I've marked it now as Open. McAfee is currently investigating this and will update here if any news.

jarmengol
Contributor III
Message 66 of 110

Jump to solution

Selvan,

I don't know what your rol is as a Moderator to this "Support Community" if it means you are part of Mcafee's staff or speak on their behalf. But after weeks of waiting for a solution, asking for more patience with no expectation for a solution is totally unacceptable. You say "if any news" as if there might or might not be a solution coming up soon. As a customer who has payed for an expensive product designed to protect and improve my computer, this type of "mistake" that renders my computer almost unusable is pathetic. If it's within your duties please let us know how to get a refund, if not, tell whoever is in charge to do so.

smk420
Contributor II
Message 67 of 110

Jump to solution

Any updates on a fix?  My comptuer is running so slow and it is becuase this software is hogging all the memory.  

jarmengol
Contributor III
Message 68 of 110

Jump to solution

Who can confirm are utorrent users? In my computer, having managed to reduce the size of the Memory after a Mcafee update, I have confirmed when utorrent is closed the memory won't increase... the moment I open it, it will begin to grow again... Haven't found (at least yet) any other application that will increase the Memory consumed... 

smk420
Contributor II
Message 69 of 110

Jump to solution
I'm not using utorrent and have the memory problem
YuriyOk
Contributor II
Message 70 of 110

Jump to solution

Dear Selvan!

You promised to inform us how the problem is being solved. Any news? When can you expect a solution?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community