It's time to demand a refund.

Smiley Sad

hsc
Contributor
Message 32 of 110

Re: Module Core Service high cpu and ram usage

Jump to solution

Hi togehter,

is there currently any solution or workaround for the problem?

If not I deinstall McAfee, cancel my abonnement and try to get the rest of money for the rest of 2018.

It doesn't make sense to protect a PC against virus and on the other hand the PC cant be used because of the virus software.

It seems that the McAfee support hasn't great interest in this problem.

Best regards

Tang18
Contributor II
Message 33 of 110

Jump to solution

Guys, I highly recommend that everybody here go to the McAfee pages on the Social Media and start to do some noise. We can't just stay quiet or unninstall a software that we pay to use!

FaceBook is a good start:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/McAfee/posts/

I alredy did my part,

Let's make some noise!

jarmengol
Contributor III
Message 34 of 110

Jump to solution

So as someone already mentioned, I hadn't checked the Windows 10 updates either, taking for granted it was updated since it's supposed to be automatic... So I checked... it showed I was missing "Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4089848)" I checked and it's supposed to be available since 22/03/18... it took a long while to update (735,5MB) ... but after installation and restart the Module Core Service is down to only 14,7MB... Also others have mentioned after updating it started increasing again after few days... so we'll see...

ricardonzn
Contributor
Message 35 of 110

Jump to solution

Same Problem, my Core Service is using about 800MB in stand by and rises to 8GB when im doing something. need help from the suport teck please.

YuriyOk
Contributor II
Message 36 of 110

Jump to solution

I agree. It makes sense to post information about the problem in addition to sites with reviews about the program. I accidentally discovered another problem: C: \ ProgramData \ McAfee \ MSC \ Logs \ {D7FB805D-8827-4A38-8241-340B5D18D9F7} .log

occupies almost 25 Gb. Technical support recommended completely to reinstall McAfee. This I did on 2018.01.31. The file size has decreased to several KB, but then it began to grow again. 2018.04.04 the file has become more than 700 megabytes.

I recommend that everyone check the size of this file.

YuriyOk
Contributor II
Message 37 of 110

Jump to solution

The installation of "Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4089848)" and the full reinstallation of McAfee do not help. These operations are supported by technical support on my computer on 2018.04.05. Module Core Service first consumed 20-30 megabytes of RAM, the next day 180-200, April 8 to 1 Gb, and on April 9 more than 2 Gb.

When my PC first failed due to the fault of the Module Core Service, I downloaded it from the system recovery disc. The picture was exactly the same. At first, this process consumed 20-30 megabytes of RAM, and then it reached 4 Gb. Conclusion: McAfee simply breaks the system.

kirkclaybrook
Contributor III
Message 38 of 110

Jump to solution

wrote:

Guys, I highly recommend that everybody here go to the McAfee pages on the Social Media and start to do some noise. We can't just stay quiet or unninstall a software that we pay to use!

FaceBook is a good start:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/McAfee/posts/

I alredy did my part,

Let's make some noise!

WHAT HE SAID. DO IT AND KEEP DOING IT UNTIL THEY TAKE NOTICE.

curtmlee
Contributor
Message 39 of 110

Jump to solution

Mine is using over 1000MB and you can look at my machine.

Aleshka318
Contributor
Message 40 of 110

Jump to solution

Same problem here, my computer is really slow, the module core service high cpu and is stressful to run a computer like these, I need this fix or my money back

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community