Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jarmengol
Contributor III
Message 21 of 110

Re: Module Core Service high cpu and ram usage

Jump to solution

After restarting PC and using it, experiencing same problem again. RAM stays most of the time in approx 2GB and increases-decreases to 3-4GB. Also GPU will have peaks of 30% usage. Can't find customer service email, does anyone know it? Mcafee has given me all kinds of troble in the past, and here I thought since the new design it was working better... Obviously I won't be renewing subscription if solution isn't given soon.

Teddog
Contributor
Message 22 of 110

Jump to solution

I have started to see same problem in last couple of days.  Using an older laptop, with McAfee installed through cable company (Cox).  Wasn't happening back a month or so and older, so was there a new patch/version pushed out that is causing the issues?  Can we go back an update to eliminate the problem while it gets fixed?

kirkclaybrook
Contributor III
Message 23 of 110

Jump to solution

MCAFEE ARE YOU LISTENING?!

All was fine then for no apparent reason your software, software which many of us paid good money for, started making our computers unusable.

I suspect this is just the tip of the iceberg as most users of this very 'dumbed down' anti-virus wouldn't even know how to open task manager or perfeormance monitor, let alone realise you are the cause of the problem. If we start making noise on social media then I'm willing to bet it will become a very big problem for you.

I'd imagine most countries would have similar consumer protection laws to mine, laws which entitle me to a refund for this defective product. 

Trex24
Contributor
Message 24 of 110

Jump to solution

The same issue since a few days. Have a 3.5 year old dell xps i7 quad core computer with windows 10. Not absolutely sure if it has anything to do with it, but I noticed that the windows indexing service that I normally shut down, was switched on again. Rebooted with the indexing service off and things look better already. Only very high CPU due to the Mcafee core module on start up.  

Darojax
Contributor
Message 25 of 110

Jump to solution

I also have this problem. Restarting the computer fixes the problem temporaily but it comes back.

chrozeirus
Contributor III
Message 26 of 110

Jump to solution

Seems McAfee doesnt have any solution for that memory usage.

Ade57
Contributor II
Message 27 of 110

Jump to solution

I posted the above 2 weeks ago and finally contacted McAfee to discuss.  The McAfee tech remotely updated my McAfee and Windows 10.  The problem now appears to be resolved.

Ade57
Contributor II
Message 28 of 110

Jump to solution

I posted a note above regarding this issue 2 weeks ago and finally contacted McAfee to discuss.  The McAfee tech remotely updated my McAfee and Windows 10 (which I should have had the brains to do that myself!).  The Module Core Service problem with high CPU and Memory now appears to be resolved.

Ade57
Contributor II
Message 29 of 110

Jump to solution

I just posted the above regarding a resolution of this problem on my computer by downloading the updates for McAfee and Windows 10.  I neglected to say that I had assumed in the past that those updates were coming through automatically, but they were not.  There were three Windows 10 updates that turned up today when I searched for updates.  After download and installation, the Memory Core Service high CPU and Memory problem disappeared.

YuriyOk
Contributor II
Message 30 of 110

Jump to solution

After the last update, McAfee Version 16.0 Release Name 16.0 R9 Process Module Core Service consumed 2-4 gigabytes of RAM. As a result, the PC actually hung. I had to turn off the power with the power button, but boot through the system recovery CD.

After this procedure Module Core Service began to consume 20-30 MB of RAM.

By April 03, this process began to consume an average of about 1.8 gigabytes, and at some points up to 4.5 gigabytes.

After contacting technical support for chat 484570-2428582981 through remote access, the operator performed an additional system update, the removal of some of my programs, the reinstallation of McAfee and some other settings.

However, the problem is not solved. The Module Core Service process first consumed 20-30 megabytes of RAM, the next day 180-200, and by the morning of April 08, it reached 800 MB.

I ask to inform you that for the Module Core Service.exe process, what function does it perform and can it be disabled?

If you can not disable, how do you solve the problem?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community