Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gneil15
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Mods - Protect Home Network - Livesafe & VMWare

Hi Mods,

Could you please read the following post (which seems to have been deleted BTW) and let McAfee know that there's an issue with Protect Home Network in Livesafe and additional network adapters.

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/LiveSafe/Protect-Home-Network-not-working/m-p/677056#M3545

I would appreciate if you could respond to this to let me know this has been actioned. Thanks.

2 Replies
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 3

Re: Mods - Protect Home Network - Livesafe & VMWare

Hello @gneil15 

Sure, we will help you and sorry for the inconvenience caused. The issue is that VM n/w adapters wont function properly when McAfee is installed, is it right?

Regards,
Madhan M

gneil15
Level 7
Message 3 of 3

Re: Mods - Protect Home Network - Livesafe & VMWare

Many thanks for your response.

Not as such. The issue isn't with the VMWare network adapters. They seem to be fine. The issue is that when the VMWare virtual network adapters are enabled, Livesafe's Protect Home Network doesn't seem to function. The user that originally reported the issue is also having the same problem on a Win 10 Pro machine where he's using Hyper-V, not VMWare. So the issue seems to be with the virtual network adapters used by both products. If this is happening with virtual network adapters, I believe (although I can't confirm) it may also happen with additional hardware network adapters too.

As the other user pointed out it looks like a network discoverability issue. I think this is probably more than a simple bug. It will probably need some serious coding to fix.

Hope that helps.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community