Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dc8888
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 13

Mcafee Always showing "We stopped something dangerous"

Problem started since mcafee updated to version 16.0 R29. It has been nearly one month now. But the same problem happening. Contacted support but unable to fix. 

I did a full scan as the post says: https://community.mcafee.com/t5/VirusScan/My-antivirus-McAfee-has-started-flagging-processes-as-harm...

but nothing happened ! Still blocking apps : including chrome, calculator, calendar etc. unable to install new apps. Did system restore several times. Did clean install of windows 20h2. No improvement. I still fear to install it. 

Please help! 

Note: I did notice that turning off realtime scanning makes everything normal. And the issue begins after a restart of the pc!

12 Replies
Magesh
Message 2 of 13

Re: Mcafee Always showing "We stopped something dangerous"

Hi @dc8888 

We have sent a private message to you due to the nature of this issue. Please respond back to proceed further in to this. 

Thanks, 

mbr11001
Level 7
Message 3 of 13

I am having the same problem. I have restored my system as well and still getting the problem. I have run full scans and the first one found a "js/falsealert.b" file and put it in quarantine and i deleted it. I have done hard reset to my computer per Dell (unplug everything from computer and let it sit and then restart) that let me get back into comoputer, but the problem of not being able to get into my programs returns. THe  mcafee pop keeps coming back saying its stopped something dangerous. I was on the phone with mcafee yesterday and they could not find anything wrong.

I am at a loss, McAfee and Dell cannot solve this. THis is a new computer that I have restored already trying to get it back and still no good. Pls advise

mbr11001
Level 7
Message 4 of 13

Did whatever they sent you work? I am having the same problem. I did the restore as well and no good, it keeps coming back. 

mbr11001
Level 7
Message 5 of 13

FYI, I saw somewhere about turning off Real time scanning and that is working. it allows me to open my programs. So there is something that mcafee is blocking. I have not idea what, but hopefully nothing to do damage.

please advise further.

Madhvi
Level 7
Message 6 of 13

I am also getting the same issue please help me out with this issue 

ExMacca
Level 7
Message 7 of 13

I'm getting this too, even though I have uninstalled Macafee.  
I want to remove it, so please advise.

dc8888
Level 7
Message 8 of 13

Delete all the restore points of all drives and then check. I did this and it is working perfectly !

kathethm
Level 7
Message 9 of 13

I have the same problem too.

I deactivate real-time scanning and it works normally, but if it is active it blocks pdf files and word files.

Any solution?
Nimesh
Level 7
Message 10 of 13

My service ticket 1-82368981 is open for the similar issue.. but no response.. Extremely disappointed with the response of McAfee.. May not recommend the product to any one else. I'm working as Head IT in the renowned organization.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community