Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KVN1414
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

McAfee Vault "unlocked" but not showing files

I have seen similar questions posted elsewhere in the forum, but the suggested solutions are not working for me.

My McAfee Vault is showing as "unlocked" but when I click on it nothing happens, and I cannot see my files. I think this happened because I shut off the computer while one of the files was open and the Vault was unlocked.

I have tried closing everything and shutting off the computer, leaving it for a period of time, and re-starting it.

I tried disconnecting from WiFi and then closing everything and shutting off the computer, leaving it for a period of time, and re-starting it.

I tried locking the Vault to see if locking/unlocking would give me access, but I get an error message saying "This vault cannot be locked because one or more files in this vault are in use. Please save and close any open files, then try again."

I don't see how that is possible if I have shut everything down and turned the computer completely off several times. There's nothing to "close."

Any clues here? It seems like a design flaw if accidentally shutting the computer down while a file is open makes the Vault completely inaccessible forever.

2 Replies
Allwyn_GI
Message 2 of 3

Re: McAfee Vault "unlocked" but not showing files

Hi @KVN1414,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Kindly provide us the following information. 

Please let us know how much space alotted for the vault and Is the space consumed, is shown after the vault unlocked.

Kindly try to backup your data (if possible), create a new vault and add those.

If you are unable to backup the data or still have issues - Kindly contact our support team using the below link. Alternatively, if you are contacting from USA or Canada - you can contact our support team using the below phone number too - 866 6223911

McAfee Support Team

Regards,

Allwyn I

KVN1414
Level 7
Message 3 of 3

Re: McAfee Vault "unlocked" but not showing files

To answer your question, the vault shows 250 MB available. I tried visiting the link you suggest, but I don't see any solutions to the issue I am having.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community