cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
basicalyoperate
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

McAfee Vault Unable to Access

Currently I saw many members having the same problem, I have not received any warning or notification telling me that the File Lock and Vault feature is going to be removed. Now I have a .vault file on my C disk that I'm starring at but can't access it, I couldn't get my files out, and there's no valid solution to this currently. I've contacted support and the representative simply said: "unfortunately we can not assist you through your email, regarding the feature that McAfee removed we can not do anything about it that was a McAfee decision". 

So now we as the customers just have to deal with the fact that both our files and our trust to McAfee is lost now? 

2 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 3

Re: McAfee Vault Unable to Access

2 ways seem to work. 

1 going back to a February restore point after making a current 1 This brings back McAfee version before vault was deleted. Remove files and restore back.

2 If you use a backup program d the same restore to a February backup safer making a current 1.

3. I have not seen this but was mentioned here that mods said there would be a file you could run to do it. Though I never saw a success post.

This needs a mod to comment defintively

Edward_Franso
Message 3 of 3

Re: McAfee Vault Unable to Access

Hi @basicalyoperate 

Greetings from McAfee.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have sent a private message to you, kindly revert with the required details to help you regarding the Vault issue.

Regards,
Edward Franso

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community