cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Overwhelmed
Contributor II
Message 1 of 3

McAfee Password Successfully Created

I activated Live Safe premium Plus yesterday and extended it to another device today.

I just got an email entitled    at 18.22 tonight but - to the best of mu knowledge - I didn't create a password.

Is this a scam or hacking?

Dear McAfee Customer,

You've successfully created your McAfee password. Please start using your new password right away. If you didn't create your password, contact Customer Support .....

2 Replies
Rajiv_s1
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 3

Re: McAfee Password Successfully Created

Hello @Overwhelmed ,

To confirm the authenticity of the email we kindly request you to share the sender of the email, also just to be on the safer side we suggest you to reset the password once from your end.

Regards,
Rajiv S

Overwhelmed
Contributor II
Message 3 of 3

Re: McAfee Password Successfully Created

Thank you - I have changed my password.

The email appeared to come from mcafee.com as the sender was the formal version of don't reply @ mcafee.com but your system won't allow me to copy and paste it in to my reply

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community