cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: McAfee Auto Maintenance Task Agent error 0x800710E0

Jump to solution

Just for your interest, here is mine AFTER I told the task to run for McAfee Cloud AV Beta (at next boot, which I just did)

It ran successfully - but of course it's Beta so results may vary, you take your chances ;)

Untitled.jpg

ispalten
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 23

Jump to solution

I have no intention of re-install LS... I really think it is working fine...

ispalten
Level 9
Message 13 of 23

Jump to solution

That is the Cloud AC tasks. Look at the one above it, the one that just says McAfee. That is the one with the problem I think? If you have it there and it shows either not run or an error that it probably is there by mistake and can be ignored.

Jump to solution

In that particular OS there are no tasks under the McAfee header.   I just posted that as an FYI.

Jump to solution

Can we assume this is answered?

View solution in original post

ispalten
Level 9
Message 16 of 23

Jump to solution

Well, answered as to why, no... answered in that it seems to be not a problem, yes...

Jump to solution

I'll ask at our next meeting if you like, but not sure what exactly to ask.  The error, was it a popup warning or not?

ispalten
Level 9
Message 18 of 23

Jump to solution

Ex_Brit wrote:

I'll ask at our next meeting if you like, but not sure what exactly to ask.  The error, was it a popup warning or not?

No, I got a program on GiveAwayOfTheDay, AnVir Task Manager (you can get the free version here, http://www.anvir.com/freeware.htm) and it is 'supposedly' a much improved Task Manager. Was playing with it and it showed the task with no filename?

See here:

Capture.JPG

Of course the file DOES exist. I've e-mailed them for some help and also came here. Note the task underneath it too. That doesn't show in Tasks at all?  It DOES show in my registry though:

Capture1.JPG

I don't know what I'm dealing with here? Remnants left over in the Registry? Problems, but all seems to be working well.

Try the free version out if you want, but I'd at least ask Intel about these two tasks and why they show on a Windows 10 PC?

Jump to solution

Well I have it on my Task Scheduler so I don't think it's remnants, but in your case it's odd that it appears orphaned or not working.   I would hazard a guess that Anvir's version isn't working the same way as Windows.

I'm talking Task Scheduler here not Task Manager, they're two totally different entities as you know.

I'll certainly ask what these two processes are but can't guarantee getting a detailed explanation.

Did you upgrade from 7,8 or 8.1 with McAfee installed by any chance?

ispalten
Level 9
Message 20 of 23

Jump to solution

Ex_Brit wrote:

Well I have it on my Task Scheduler so I don't think it's remnants, but in your case it's odd that it appears orphaned or not working.   I would hazard a guess that Anvir's version isn't working the same way as Windows.

I'm talking Task Scheduler here not Task Manager, they're two totally different entities as you know.

I'll certainly ask what these two processes are but can't guarantee getting a detailed explanation.

Did you upgrade from 7,8 or 8.1 with McAfee installed by any chance?

Yes, I have one in the Task Scheduler but not both as you could see. The one not in the Task Scheduler I found in the Registry. Suspect AnVir does some searching in the registry for some items.However why AnVir couldn't find the file with the path known since they list it, and the file is there but they say it is missing. There is a disconnect there somehow?

As for the error code on the task, that is a different question. Why no ACTION entry either is strange...

This PC started out as Win8, then 8.1, and now 10. It is the home edition if that matters. No GPEDIT to check some stuff on Home versions.

One other point that might matter. The is a Dell as you know, but support at one time did put on the 'standard' version and I started to experience BSOD's randomly. Pointed back to McAfee so I removed (using the removal tool) McAfee and got the Dell version. BSOD's stopped (this was under Win8.1 I recall). If nothing else you'd think the removal tool would delete all tasks as well, no? Maybe they are left over from W8.x even and are not needed/used in W10?

If you should get an answer, just reply here I guess?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community