cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joerow
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Loading McAfee on a new second laptop

Can you please help me. I am currently in the process of buying a new Laptop. OS windows 11. I have been informed that it comes with no Free trial anti virus software. How do I get your Anti virus software on to the new laptop with out exposing myself to  viruses on the internet. I currently have a PC with McAfee Live safe (5 devices). I have looked at your help texts which wants me to pick up a link from an email which means I will be on the internet with out any protection.

How do I get round this problem?

Joe Rowson

6 Replies
Sudharsanam_G1
Message 2 of 7

Re: Loading McAfee on a new second laptop

Hi @joerow 

Greetings from McAfee!

The install methods for McAfee consumer products, such as LiveSafe or Total Protection, vary depending on the product and the device to which you’re installing. kindly refer the below article for details.

How to download and install McAfee consumer products

Alternatively, You can always contact the chat support using below link for immediate assistance.

McAfee Support

Regards,
Sudharsanam G

joerow
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Hi Sudharsanam G.

You have missed the point. If I have no anti virus software initially on my new laptop how can I go to the McAfee site across the internet without picking up viruses? I need to get round this problem.

I already have a PC with McAfee anti virus on it and as I can use up to 5 devices with this software I want to add my new laptop as my second device 

Regards,

Joe

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 7

if there is no third party AV on your new computer currently , Windows Defender is automatic enabled normally.

that provides protection visiting websites or downloading files.

if you want mcafee on your computer you could try the following;

use the computer you want to install mcafee;

go to www.mcafee.com

on the right upper corner you can logon to your mcafee account

once logged in you can download for pc a new mcafee install ect.

logout after download the install file

in your dowload folder of Windows you can double click the install file

once installation is complete wait for 15 minutes and do a reboot

hope these steps help you to install.

if you go back to mcafee.com and logon again you can see that your second device is added to your account.

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 7

hello,

how is your current status ?

could you solve the issue with the steps i provided above or have i misunderstood your question perhaps ?

greetings

joerow
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Hi Cybedude.

Thank you for the information. Most helpful. When I get my new laptop I will look at Windows Defender . If I like it I may not bother with McAfee, if not I will load McAfee as per your instructions.

Thank you

Joe

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 7

thank you for your update.

it is possible that your new computer comes with a pre installed trial version of antivirus software on it.

maybe even from Mcafee.

if so, i would suggest to use the link provided from the mcafee mod in above answer earlier in case you want to continue to use mcafee from your existing subscription.

if there are any  questions at that time you can always come back here asking.

greetings

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community