Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sharkach8
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 10

Livesafe versus Total Protection

I am trying to decide which program is right for me.  I currently have Lifesafe and it is up for renewal.  I only have one desktop computer running this program.  The renewal offer shows $139.99 for a 2 year subscription that protects unlimited devices.  This seems to be overkill for me to renew for only one device.  I see Lifesafe offered on one website for $30/year and Total Protection offered for $39.95/year.  Please help me to understand the differences and which package would be optimal for me.  I have a Dell XP5 Desktop running Windows 10.  Thanks for any insight you can offer about the products and pricing. - Sharkach8

9 Replies
Magesh
Message 2 of 10

Re: Livesafe versus Total Protection

Hi @sharkach8 

McAfee Livesafe and Total Protection are more likely similar with security features which ensures complete safety and ease to use except for the licenses included with the package. The prices may differ based on region. 

Please feel free to reach our chat support by accessing the link below and get to know the exciting offers and discounts applicable for you and details of the package which suits you. you may also reach us on our toll free number 866-622-3911 if you are from USA or canada. 

McAfee Chat Support 

Regards

Magesh J

sharkach8
Level 7
Message 3 of 10

Thanks.  I will try the chat support if I can get back to the link.  I tried calling several times.  I could hear people talking in the background, but no one ever came on to talk with me.

sharkach8
Level 7
Message 4 of 10

So I tried the chat link.  That doesn't work either.  It just sits and spins.  If I can't find a way to talk with a person, I will just look into another company's product.  McAfee is not customer friendly.

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 10

hello,

i can confirm that the link for chat support is not working ok. it is spinning overhere aswell if i click on it.

to reach live mcafee support try this link;

https://service.mcafee.com

in the mddle of the page on the right side there you see; contact support

if you click on this follow the next steps .

mcafee has regular special offers and since black friday is coming up i think they can help you with a good  solution.

greetings

sharkach8
Level 7
Message 6 of 10

Thanks for your response, but the only thing I see when I tried that is to contact them by phone (which I already tried without success).

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 10

hello,

thank you for the update.

the chat option is displayd during working days and office hours.when available.

mo - fri from 09.00 - 17.00

perhaps you could give it a try at these times one more time..........

hope it is available at these times.

greetings

sharkach8
Level 7
Message 8 of 10

Okay, it is Monday afternoon at 3:34pm Eastern Standard Time.  I just tried using the "contact support" button again.  It just sits and spins.  Why cannot I not get through to anyone?  Surely there is some better type of support for customers.

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Hello,

thanks for your update.

sorry to see that the support page gives difficulties on your end and this is becoming frustrating.

i will try to conatct a mod from mcafee and hope there comes a response for you to assist.

@Magesh 

hello Magesh,

could you help this person perhaps.further ?

regards

Allwyn_GI
Message 10 of 10

Hi @sharkach8,

Sorry for the inconvenience. We have sent you a personal message, kindly check and respond to it. Thank you 

Regards,

Allwyn I

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community