cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LiveSafe deleted cookies in my browser messing up almost all the sites I use frequently

Jump to solution

Livesafe is terrible, actually McAfee in general is terrible, there is no way to look at and undo things that were deleted. I lost files on my desktop and my browser was totally messed up including cookies that were set to "Remember this device" set by my bank and other sites I use all the time. Nothing showed up in quarantine except for one file which never should have been flagged by McaFee in the first place. Either tell me how to get back what was lost or I give me instructions on how to totally remove this useless program. This has cost me more than a full day to fix. Time = Money

My McAfee software was included with my new Laptop from Dell

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: LiveSafe deleted cookies in my browser messing up almost all the sites I use frequently

Jump to solution

This is strange, the same menu I clicked on showing the prior screenshot I put up here, now has the settings to change, and now can't get that other screen to show up. There is still an issue though, no way to undo what was removed the first time. THAT is not cool. The summary page should show exactly what was deleted and give you the option to restore and have McAfee remember that decision in the future. I unchecked all settings having to do with shortcuts (Why would that be there anyway???) Recycle bin and all browser related ones. (A major disaster, that screwed up chrome big time.)

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Re: LiveSafe deleted cookies in my browser messing up almost all the sites I use frequently

Jump to solution

t sounds like a quickclean setting where you have it set to scan and cookies etc cleaned up for all browsers.

see below

Clipboardqc.jpgClipboardqc1.jpg

Jump to solution

Ok, so where do I find those settings? looked at every menu I could find. Maybe I have a customized version that can't be modified. I'm about ready to just uninstall it.

Jump to solution

Open Mcafee and open the gear symbol see pic. Open Quickclean and the settings are there

Clipboard.jpg

This is in the livesafe version same for Total protection .

Jump to solution

Nope... No settings to change... View details is the only option, you can't change anything.. that is the whole problem.

Image1.jpg

Jump to solution

That is following a quickclean I mean the settings for the program. I.E. in the gear icon there are settings under quick clean.. as you have Livesafe you should have them unless Dell removed them.

Jump to solution

I know that, been using computers since 1974, As I said before, there are no settings anywhere to change it. Looked at every menu available under the gear icon.

Jump to solution

Had to ask some users miss things. Ok what have you got under quickclean in that tools area ie gear symbol? Sounds as if Dell has had a propriety interface done for them but if you could post a pic of your area that might help.

I suppose if it is a dell design maybe Mcafee can give you a standard version in lieu of yours. ( I would not assume this a given but maybe worth a think). Can you actually disable QC?

Jump to solution

This is strange, the same menu I clicked on showing the prior screenshot I put up here, now has the settings to change, and now can't get that other screen to show up. There is still an issue though, no way to undo what was removed the first time. THAT is not cool. The summary page should show exactly what was deleted and give you the option to restore and have McAfee remember that decision in the future. I unchecked all settings having to do with shortcuts (Why would that be there anyway???) Recycle bin and all browser related ones. (A major disaster, that screwed up chrome big time.)

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

Yes as I initially said that pic you posted was a summary of what the latest QC scan did. Once you clicked done the other setting returned. Yes no undo option that is why I do not set cookies and shortcuts to clean normally

Good luck for the future

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community