cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: LiveSafe Update Server Addresses

I believe that downloaded should read download.    As far as I know the name of the suite would be irrelevant as all consumer antivirus installations in a particular area update from the same servers.

Technical Support might be able to help with this better than we can here.

catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 19

Thanks again Ex_Brit   I noticed my typo while you were posting,and corrected it.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
kevj
Level 7
Message 13 of 19

Thanks for the replies; I think I may have found the cause - our registration VLAN requires applications to be able to auto-detect proxy settings to connect to the external update sites. I was doing some more testing of McAfee LiveSafe and I think there may be a general issue with the program not being able to auto-detect proxy settings or not taking its proxy settings from the Windows proxy settings like other home versions do.

Because of this I think the issue is not just with the update option as in the McAfee LiveSafe options there is a Help GUI which tries to connect to www.mcafee.com but can’t when in our registration VLAN; it tries to connect for ages then fails, just like the update option.

McAfee.com is definitely accessible from the test machine as I can access it via the browser in our registration VLAN – they may have removed proxy support as I don’t see any settings in the program for proxy configuration. Can anyone confirm if this is the case?

I would contact Technical Support directly.  It's free by phone or online chat and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

Unless Selvan has an idea?

An afterthought rather late on the scene....

Try these addressesL

deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com

deploy.akamaitechnologies.com

@kevj

If you are unable to reach download.mcafee.com then its likely that Mcafee updates might not work. I would suggest you to check your proxy settings and once you can reach the download server, try updating your Mcafee product again.

kevj
Level 7
Message 17 of 19

Hi Manoj, which proxy settings would I check? As mentioned above, it doesn't look to take its settings from Internet Explorer and there doesn't seem to be any proxy settings within the application itself.

catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 18 of 19

I,ve been "Under the Weather" as of late. So behind on threads.... Having said this.

Just a thought....Have you tried opening Internet Options/Security/ Trusted Sites-Local Intranet/ and add (Download.McAfee .com) and possibly the other IP addresses Ex Brit mentioned in post # 14?

I might also suggest that you may have to add them as (Https://) There is also an (Auto Detect) Local Intranet settings(Option) as well in the (Local Intranet Zone)  Under "Advanced Settings"

Again, this is just a thought. I,m certain the Moderators/Techs will correct my suggestion if I am incorrect.

Kind Regards,

CatDaddy

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 2/20/14 12:54:43 PM CST

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 2/20/14 12:55:44 PM CST
Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
kevj
Level 7
Message 19 of 19

I contacted McAfee technical support and had a chat session where they advised 'Kevin, both the McAfee LiveSafe and Total Protection do notwork either on offline or online in proxy settings' so it looks like I will need to hold off supporting LiveSafe for the moment. We hope to remove our proxy requirement in the coming months, if it's not updating then I'll reopen the request. Thanks to everyone for the assistance.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community