Re: LiveSafe DAT update

Jump to solution

Yes

Reinstalled on 1 device.

Both devices on 4310 (Friday's DAT)

Jump to solution

Hi

just want to say that there has been real problems with updates during the years for example one time an update blocked  the acces to the intrernet for many

users. Another time McAfee created an update that blocked McAfee to update itself the next time an update was relaesed  So just because you have automatic updates turned on it doesn´t guarantees that everything is ok.. But hopefully it will be updated soon. The part of not working was ment as more of a joke , still it has happened during the recent weekends.

JW

ChrisR64
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 13 of 14

Jump to solution

Hi

During the last 24 hours, my LiveSafe software has updated from DAT 4398 to 4310 and now 4313!

I accept all now appears to be working correctly but something must have been going on.

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

Hi 

When I started up pc today I did an manual search for updates and now has  version 4313. But I have a suggestion that if our pc:s has been shut down over night or longer McAfee should when it´s connected to their servers automaticly should check if the program has the latest update. Now it can take hours before it does so.

Shouldn´t be to hard to implement that function , Avast does that. Another thing I would like to see is that the icon in the activity field should show if McAfee is connected to the cloud. Because tests have showed that it,s about 20% difference in detection rate if the program has a connection to the cloud or not.

McAfee79.5%98.7%100%

https://www.av-comparatives.org/tests/malware-protection-test-september-2020/

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community