cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Safe no allowing extra devices

Live Safe has 7 days to run, so purchased a store card as much cheaper than renewing subscription.   This is an unlimited number of devices which I always purchase.

Installed on my desktop computer no problems and got to the page to install on other devices, entered my own e mail address, as usual, for the install link for my laptop and surface and i phone.   Attempted an install on my laptop and when the e mailed link was clicked a page came up saying "this page no longer works" and took me to the 'renew subscription' page.   I decided to wait 24 hours in case the system needed to update, but no, this is all that happens on all of my devices.

I have tried to find how to contact 'a person' at McAfee to get some assistance, but have been unable to do so.   So, here I am asking for any assistance you may be able to offer.

3 Replies
siddharth_r
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Live Safe no allowing extra devices

Hi @ladylouisa 

Sorry about the inconvenience caused. This might be happened as the link got expired. Please login into McAfee account and follow the article to install on additional devices

UPDATE: Following a surprise e mail from McAfee  saying I have auto renewed!!!

I am stunned to receive this information!

I did not want at any time to have automatic payments taken from my Bank Account!

I purchased a new Licence and activated it a couple of days ago, however nothing went as planned.

I input the Key Code when requested and the program seemingly installed, however, I was not able to activate on any other computers as the link to download directed me to a page "this page is no longer active' and sent me to a page to pay subscriptions which obviously I did not need to do having already bought and paid for a new 'all devices' Licence No.+++++++++++++

I assumed that this was a faulty key and actually bought another from Dixons whilst in store yesterday (++++++++++) which I attempted to use today.   It got to the point where it was uninstalling my previous software and then said it could not do so and sent me to a page to download a help file.   Unfortunately this is where I am now - my computer will not let me download this file and has blocked it (chrome, I believe) as dangerous, so I can really no longer use my desktop computer with no working McAfee, having bought two new all devices licences, and now you are charging me as well!

This latest licence has installed on another desktop, but it would appear that your auto subscriptions have already updated my other devices!!

Please can you help me sort this out, I have now bought and tried to use 2 x new subscriptions with no success and you have charged me as well for a third licence.

This is extremely worrying as I am still shielding, being a female pensioner with limited income, with you having taken next weeks' Food, I have no where to turn!!

siddharth_r
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Hi @ladylouisa 

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have sent a private message. Please check and respond back.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community