cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brianh
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Lenovo and LiveSafe

Purchased a new Lenovo laptop w/Windows 7, that came with a 30 day trial subscription to LiveSafe.

On the day the 30 day trial expired, I purchased a 1 year subscription to LiveSafe,

which I thought included the Password Manager Application / Safekey ?

However, when I login to the McAfee home page, and look at My Accounts -> My Subscriptions

Password Manager is NOT listed. There is a item called My Secure Files (Personal Locker).

Assume this is not the same as the Password Manager App?

I did remove and reinstalled LiveSafe, thinking maybe the version of LiveSafe

that came with the Lenovo had limited support.

I also have a case opened with McAfee, but while I am waiting on an answer

to my case, thought I would post the question to the community.

Can anyone verify why I can't not access Password Manager ?

Oh BTW - found it interesting when I went to register for a userid on the McAfee community, the password

strength checker is different when registering your McAfee product versus when registering with the McAfee community.

Registering for an account with the McAfee Community requires a stronger password.

The password strength requirements should be the same in my opinion.

8 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 9

Re: Lenovo and LiveSafe

Personal Locker is a storage application.  I don't use it myself.  Safekey is giving way to True Key as I believe the former isn't Windows 10 compatible, should you ever consider upgrading, a free offer this year by Microsoft..

True Key is here:  https://www.truekey.com/\

It's odd that your new account page doesn't reflect the old Safe Key, mine does but it has to be set up separately online, but then mine was setup ages ago before True Key came along.

Final word on this would come from Customer Service as they deal with all account details.  Link below, it's a free call.

This website is not connected with the account pages and uses Jive software which has different password requirements I guess.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Intel True Key/PasswordBox Support (alter country at top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Tools

brianh
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Thanks Ex_Brit for the quick reply and the info. I'll give tech support some time to answer or respond to my query before calling

and will post the answer back to the community once ts replies.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 9

OK, good luck 😉

Eeros
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Hi, I can not take the Personal Locker product.
None of my photos is not valid, I tried to at least 1000 times the phone and the computer, but nothing is not valid. What could I do?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 6 of 9

Hello Eeros

Do you mean that you are unable to set up face recognition on your Personal Locker account?

Regards
Farhan

Eeros
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Yes I mean. None of the image is not valid, I come as in the different lighting conditions, as well as a variety of devices, as well as several in the background. I'm probably too ugly 🙂

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 8 of 9

Can you please share a screenshot of the issue? You have mentioned that you have tried this on a variery of devices, does this mean you have tried on a Windows PC and on a mobile device as well? Do you get the same error/issue on all the devices?

Regards
Farhan
Tier 2.5 Technician

Eeros
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Yes, I tried the Lenovo Yoga 720 Windows10 laptop, Huawei P9 Android phone and Huawei Media Pad 3 device. All have the same error message.

How do I upload a screenshot to you?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community