cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Berndt
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Incomplete McAfee Livesafe Firewall History?

Hi,

I am using McAfee Lifesave under Windows 10. I recently checked my security history and found hundreds of blocked incoming connections. I figured out that this is normal. However, what I consider not normal is that the history of blocked incoming connections only reaches back about 3 weeks. All other events, such as regular virus scans, are recorded for the whole time I am owing  the computer (about 10 months). To me this means that a little more than 7 months, no suspicuous connections have been tried, which is diffcult to believe. In addition, the security report of McAfee shows thousands of "blocked suspicuous connections" over the entire period I am owning the computer (10 months).

Is this a bug in displaying the history?

Any heelp is deeply appreciated.

2 Replies
Rajiv_s1
Message 2 of 3

Re: Incomplete McAfee Livesafe Firewall History?

Hello @Berndt ,

We understand your concern here, you are trying view the whole list of blocked incoming connections in the last 10 months. We suggest you check the drop down in security history where you can select the duration of details that are visible in the page and on the bottom of the page there should be an option as next and previous which can e used to navigate through these information.

Regards,
Rajiv S

Berndt
Level 7
Message 3 of 3

Re: Incomplete McAfee Livesafe Firewall History?

Hello Rajiv,

thank you very much for your quick reply! I used the drop down already before to see "all" events and I went through the history using "previous" and "next". As I said before, lots of block connections within the last three weeks and then, nothing, except for virus scans for the remaining 9 months.

In the interface of the German program version, there is a "security history", which shows the events I described before, and a "security report", which shows a bar diagram of all blocked suspicuous connections and there have been many of them, also in these nine months. Overall, way more blocked connections than I can see in the security history.

To me it looks like the security history is lacking lots of events.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community