cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MartinHero
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

I am unable to remove McAfee Vaults

Hi! It was automatically installed McAfee Vaults on my laptop without my permission.

Does anyone know how can I remove McAfee Vaults without McAfee LiveSafe?

Please just let me know

- MartinHero

7 Replies
Rajiv_s1
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 8

Re: I am unable to remove McAfee Vaults

Hello @MartinHero ,

The Vault which is located in your local drive can't be deleted or uninstalled since it installs automatically when you install McAfee on the computer. It gets removed only when you uninstall McAfee from the computer. It is just a option that is set up automatically which doesnt change any functionality please feel free to explore the feature and contact us for any concerns.

Regards, 
Rajiv S

Indiancurry
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

@MartinHero : Hey Martin, I did find a solution to this problem w/o having to uninstall the software from my computer.  Here it is:

Run CMD and paste this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\McAfee\Installer\mcinst.exe" /uninstall /longpath "C:\Program Files\McAfee\MAT\matmain.inf"

Worked for me instantly. Hope it works for you too. Let me know.

Cheers.

DanElliott
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Having to count on Other users comments for fixes like these is totally inadequate. McAfee - Are you actually going to fix this issue?

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 8

i noticed your posting in the following thread;

Solved: McAfee Support Community - Re: McAfee Vaults - Page 3 - McAfee Support Community

as said there all i know is that this feature will become EOL in february 2022. and will be removed.

i did a search to find the article for this info and found it back;

McAfee KB - Feature Removal: File Lock in McAfee software for Windows (TS103182)

DaleyT
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Hi, 

I too could not delete this folder after uninstalling mcafee a few months ago. 

I managed to delete the folder manually by doing the following on Windows 11:

Right Click > show more options > properties > security tab > advanced > permissions tab > everyone > set to allow (drop down list) > tick full control

and then delete as normal. 

Miss_Patricia
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

THANK YOU!! This is by far the best and most efficient answer. It worked right away.
Celeste02
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Hey, if it's asking for the administrator's right, right-click folder, properties, and security, then set the everybody allows everything. I tried this way and it works

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community