Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sharodwato
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

False Positive File stopped by Mcafee antivirus

Jump to solution

Hi , Myself Sharodwato. I am a coder. I'm a customer of Mcafee antivirus , I subscribed to the Livesafe for 1 year on my PC . So my issue was that , when I opened the Visual Studio Code and run my program , the antivirus stopped the executable file and treated that as a virus , when I tried to send the file on the exclusion list . It will automatically delete the file.

Source Code

#include <stdio.h>
int pro;
float rect;

int main() {

printf("Enter the number \n");
    scanf("%d",&pro);

// Secound Number //
    printf("Enter the Decemile \n");
    scanf("%f",&rect);

int act = rect*2*pro*2;
    printf("the answer is %d \n",act);

}

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Venkat_YM
Message 2 of 2

Re: False Positive File stopped by Mcafee antivirus

Jump to solution

Hi @Sharodwato 

Greetings From McAfee.

We regret for the inconvenience caused.

We request you to disable the Real Time Scanning at the time of using Visual Studio Code. If you wish to continue to have RTS enabled and want to run the program submit the file for false positives to McAfee. Please refer our below article for more information.

How to submit false positives to McAfee

Alternatively, you can always contact chat support using the link below for immediate assistance or call our helpline number 24/7 (866-622-3911)US.

McAfee Support

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Regards,
Venkat

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Venkat_YM
Message 2 of 2

Re: False Positive File stopped by Mcafee antivirus

Jump to solution

Hi @Sharodwato 

Greetings From McAfee.

We regret for the inconvenience caused.

We request you to disable the Real Time Scanning at the time of using Visual Studio Code. If you wish to continue to have RTS enabled and want to run the program submit the file for false positives to McAfee. Please refer our below article for more information.

How to submit false positives to McAfee

Alternatively, you can always contact chat support using the link below for immediate assistance or call our helpline number 24/7 (866-622-3911)US.

McAfee Support

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Regards,
Venkat

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community