cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Close Out Notification/Pop-Ups

Jump to solution

Every few days I get a popup from Mcafee LiveSafe (not ads like I've seen many posts, just notifications about needing to do a scan/monthly reports/etc), despite having all notifications turned off. These notifications don't have any kind of close/exit button, show up on top of other things I have open, and are only halfway on screen (I can't drag them fully on the screen to close them out). Every time one shows up I have to stop what I'm doing and restart my computer to get rid of the annoying notifications. Does anyone know how to make this stop happening? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, didn't work. Have gone through settings and didn't find anything that works. I'm on an HP laptop using Windows 10 if that helps, will include screenshots. Planning on just getting rid of McAfee entirely tbh, doesn't work that great for something that's supposed to be protecting my computer. 

Screenshot (2).pngScreenshot (3).pngScreenshot (4).png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't Close Out Notification/Pop-Ups

Jump to solution

Actually also try setting your display to 100%. That or rather setting to 125% truncates popups.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Bharani_BD
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @theoretical99 

Please turn off the information alerts from settings>>General settings>>Information alerts. let us know if you require any further help on this.

Thanks & Regards
Bharanidharan S

Jump to solution

Actually also try setting your display to 100%. That or rather setting to 125% truncates popups.

YH
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @Bharani_BD 

I have exactly the same problem as @theoretical99 had, i have denied any form of popups in the settings of mcafee total protection. The only way to get "rid" of the pop ups is to restart the computer. Its all fun and games once and a while but some days i get 5 of these stuck popups. Is there any secondary way?

Jump to solution

Hi @YH,

I believe the issue is a scaling bug due to how McAffee interacts with Windows 10. Windows default/recommended display size is 150%, if you set it to 100% or 125%, like @/Peacekeeper suggested, it does make the notifications fit inside that box instead of being cut off! Unfortunately, that doesn't work with my screen size or my poor eyesight so I've just kept it scaled up & deal with the pop-ups because I haven't found any other way to fix it. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community