cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snowbird_fl_il
Contributor
Message 31 of 33

Re: XP and online backup service

Thank you for the answer ... as others have said ... this maintains my sanity.   I have this problem, but it is not worth going through the trouble of correcting it.   MSFT is disconntinuing support of XP in Apr 2014 so I will move to a new laptop before that ... mine is 7 yrs old.   Since grad school in the 60's when I kept an extra deck of punch cards in case I dropped one, I have backuped important data

Another problem that I have that others may have also, is that my full scan will  not complete sometimes.  There would be no record of the scan having even started or completed..  Tech was not able to solve the problem, I have concluded it is a resuld of automatic updates interrupting the scan. On my old PC, the full scan takes 6 hrs.  I changed my setting from down load and install to nofity me, the problems has seemed to gone away. 

confour
Former Member
Message 32 of 33

My 3rd posting on this forum in a week - based on the different issues that I have had to endure in the past week.

I also have the same Online Backup trying to register - but advising that I have "no internet access" - when everything else I am using on the internet is working".

Yet another issue that McAfee seems to think only affects a few users - because they post on this forum - and plays it with a 'support will fix it' - when they have "NO" clue. it is their own QA astoundingly letting bugs out - without proper testing.

My own recent research has found hundreds who I have talked to with these issues - and this means thousands who would not have the first clue about what to do.

Yet another instance where the reply from McAfee is - XP will be out of support in April 2014.

UNTIL it is out of support hundreds of thousands will continue to use it - as I will on my many systems.

This will escalate to public media forums and I will ensure the hours I have lost in my business trying to fix McAfee problems will be refunded.

McAfee is treating the average punter with pure contempt. 

confour
Former Member
Message 33 of 33

I have XP and had Online Backup installed - To remove it without a full re-install of McAfee - and no tooth pulling with support.

I did the following. I will not recommend anyone else does wthis without going to McAfee support and making sure they know - so they get flooded with calls,

I went through Windows Explorer - to the folder :

C:\Program Files\McAfeeMOBK\

Then I ran the program (I double-clicked) on -  "MozyUninstaller.exe"

I waited a few minutes - as I found it was difficult to know that it had finished,

because nothing popped-up on my screen. It just flickered a few times.

I then checked my Windows Services - the McAfee Online Backup service had been removed.

The Online Backup icons on my desktop and also the icons in  >Start> All Programs > McAfee Online Backup  - had also been removed.

I restarted and everything was running without the annoyingly false error messages.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community