cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wimike
Former Member
Message 21 of 33

Re: XP and online backup service

Maybe when I have the time I will email with a time to set up. What you forget is I have been through this twice before.  They take control of my screen and the first hing they look to see is if the firewall is on or off etc. etc.  It's like they are all working out of the same trouble shooting book. After an hour they usually give up and say we need to give this up to the next level. If you spent as much time as I have you would be relunctant to schedule another appointment.  Also it's always scary giving complete control of your computer to a stranger.  Mike

Peacekeeper
Message 22 of 33

I understand and will pass your worries onto the support manager tomorrow in our call. Selvan does know what he is doing unfortunately we mods do not use backup so cannot comment usefully. He remoted to My pc recently and was very professional in what he did.

wimike
Former Member
Message 23 of 33

My apologies for sounding a bit crabby.  After the second time spending over an hour with a tech having control of my screen I told myself that was enough.  After the first time it should have been bumped up to a higher level and the second time the tech never should have played around an hour before he said he had no idea what was wrong.  When I have nothing to do one day and a couple hours to spend I will try for the third time.  Problem is I will start with the lowest level tech again because even if I tell them you tried twice before the Mcafee tech will ignore that and get the book out and start from step one once again.  Seems like common sense has left the building where ever the call center is. 

Peacekeeper
Message 24 of 33

Selvan is teir 2 at least maybe 2.5 so should not fiddle around you cannot go higher at support. So sort out a time with him I have noted he was talking to the other poster so will inform the manager teir 2.5 to ensure he contacts you as well.

wimike
Former Member
Message 25 of 33

Thank you, I will contact him in about 10 days. Right now I have projects for the next 10 days that will keep me busy all week without breaks.  

Peacekeeper
Message 26 of 33

I PM'd him to remind him u are wanting help. When he contacts you arrange a time then. Good luck

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 27 of 33

Hi all

FYI Am from McAfee Tier 2.5 Team.

Wimike T2.5 troubleshooting involves working in the registry and should be done carefully. I've loads of troubleshooting steps and should be done systematically for the issue to be fixed. If I could post it here there might be a possibility for any customer to end up in bricking his PC wherein the troubleshooting was done wrongly by customer himself. That's the reason for asking a Remote Access. Hope you Understand. Also as I mentioned earlier provide me with a time frame for giving a callback along with the convenient date.

straff_eng Kindly inform me with your convenient date and time of callback so that i could get back to you and work on your computer.

Peacekeeper
Message 28 of 33

Thanks mate good luck you two

gypsypipergirl
Former Member
Message 29 of 33

I am having the same problem. I am unable to configure my Online Backup. The set up wizard states that my PC is having problems accessing the internet. Which is incorrect. I also have Windows XP.

I contacted tech help at the end of April (approximately) and someone tried remote access to fix my problem. He eventually gave up. I have not gotten resolution yet

Help would be appreciated.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 30 of 33

Hi gypsypipergirl Kindly PM me the details which I've requested earlier in this page !

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community