Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 11 of 33

Re: XP and online backup service

Hi Orange_hippo ; Wimike

This is Selvan from McAfee Research Team. Kindly provide me with the details that I've requested for in Private Message so as to pull up your records.

wimike
Former Member
Message 12 of 33

TY Ex_Brit they contacted me.  Hope there is a solution.  The normal delete and install again does not work.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 13 of 33

Thank you for the prompt response wimike.

> I've the details of your account and am glad that its clear. 

> I could possibly take a remote access session and work on your computer since clean uninstall and reinstall requires working in the registry.

> Kindly Private message me your convenient date, time, Time Zone, I'll be getting back to you.

straff_eng
Former Member
Message 14 of 33

Hello,

I have the exact same problem as described above and would appreciate any news on a solution.

I installed Total Protection 2013 via the website yesterday without problem. But the online back up registration wizard says that I have no internet connection and the prompt is continuously flashing now on the bottom tool bar. My internet connect is fine  (wireless).

Its just annoying more than anything.

Thanks.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 15 of 33

Hi straff_eng

Kindly Respond to the Private message which I have sent you

Peacekeeper
Message 16 of 33

Chinthanai Selvan P is Mcafee support so follow what he asks please he is not badged yet.

wimike
Former Member
Message 17 of 33

What does that mean he is not badged yet?

I can see Mcafee is not working on a fix and seems not to care. I have little time but to give control once again of my computer to a tech. Twice before I have done so and watched them aimlessly try things that I knew would not work. I have been on computers since the 70's and I can see at least the first 2 levels of tech response from Mcafee is very very low tech indeed.  As in someone who is looking up the problem and then reading the fix as you wait on hold because each session lasted OVER an hour each with no solution.   Isn't it wierd that many people are having the same problem and it is not unique to my computer?  All have XP and downloaded 2013 in the last few months. My WIN 7 OS computer has no issues at all same download.   Just disgusted is all, maybe some day when I relaize I paid good money for a product I can't use fully I wil try and waste anotgher 1/2 day frustrated.  In fact last time the guy said he didn't know what to do he said he would escalte it and give it to a tech who knew. That was a couple weeks ago and I never heard from them again. So maybe I will just cancel Mcafee and use someone else finally after 10 years.  Their networking software sure went down the dumper a couple eyars ago too that they used to give with you in the download.  Used to be so easy to network now not so much.  Sorry for ranting, Mike

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 18 of 33

It means his forum profile hasn't been given the McAfee label yet, that's all.

McAfee is working on it and posting in this thread offering to help.

wimike
Former Member
Message 19 of 33

If they want to help they should publish a solution on here.  How many more hours can they ask me to sit at my computer and have someone take control of it??  Comes a time where you just give up on it as others have done.  I erased and installed and did not install the back up module. Sad thing is I used th eback up midule as I have older computers and the hard drives are fairly small.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 20 of 33

If there was a single solution they would have it published in a FAQ long ago.  Selvan is trying to help, why are you complaining?   They are trying to find the solution by analysing what's going on on various machines.   If they knew what was causing this they wouldn't be asking for volunteers.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 16/06/13 7:47:52 EDT PM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community