cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kands6191
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Why won't Online Backup install?

After an update today to McAfee Total Protection, it said that the Backup program had been uninstalled.  I had never used it so I clicked for more information and learned about the Online Backup.  I tried to install it twice and each time it said the feature was not installed.  I also ran the Virtual Technician and it said that nothing was wrong.  I am using Windows XP and I have a Dell Vostro 1000 laptop.  Why can't I install the Online Backup?

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

Re: Why won't Online Backup install?

Hi ,

Sorry for the inconvenience in downloading your online back up programs,  Please provide me with the following information;
How is the computer connected to Internet ? (wireless/dsl)
Are you installing the Mcafee programs through a cd setup or from the internet ?
What is the exact error message you receive at the end of installation failure ?

Regards,
Dinesh K

dawnabeth67
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I have a similar problem. The install program finished with a message that Online Backup could not be installed. Is this a significant problem as I don't plan to use Online Back up. Thanks.

jmark83
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

I am also having a problem installing online back up on my E machine running Windows 7 Home Premium. It allowed the installation on my other E machne running Windows 7 Ultra. Both computers are the same otherwise. Please advise if there is a solution.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community