cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tequekama
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Unable to access vault in McAfee File Lock

After a recent issue with my laptop I am now not able to access the vault in File lock. I have navigated to the vault to check it is still there, which it is and also shows it's size. I have tried changing the name and importing it, but it comes up with the heading "Invalid Vault Header". I backed the .vault file up onto another HDD and this also came up with the "Invalid Vault Header" message. Once I manage to get in to the vault I will be doing a factory reset/clean install on my laptop.

Can anybody help?

1 Reply
GaneshR
Message 2 of 2

Re: Unable to access vault in McAfee File Lock

Hi @tequekama 

Greetings from McAfee!!

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. When you download McAfee software, you see McAfee File Lock displayed on Windows File Explorer. By default, McAfee software provides McAfee File Lock feature. File Lock personal vaults are associated with the Windows account with which they were created. Specifically, the vault is connected to the My Documents folder, which exists for each Windows account.

McAfee File Lock vault is a secure container. It allows you to safely store private and confidential information in your computer and prevent others from accessing this data. When a vault is created, you can unlock it, place your important files and folders inside the vault, and then lock it again. When the vault is locked, the files and folders inside aren't visible and are protected from unauthorized access. When the personal vault is unlocked, you can access the files and folders stored within.

Also, File Lock was removed from your McAfee software in the first quarter of 2022

regards

Ganesh Raju R

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community