cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robbiejc843
Former Member
Message 1 of 22

Unable to access vault in McAfee File Lock

After a recent issue with my laptop I am now not able to access the vault in File lock. I have navigated to the vault to check it is still there, which it is and also shows it's size. I have tried changing the name and importing it, but it comes up with the heading "Invalid Vault Header". I backed the .vault file up onto another HDD and this also came up with the "Invalid Vault Header" message. Once I manage to get in to the vault I will be doing a factory reset/clean install on my laptop.

Can anybody help?

Regards Rob

21 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 22

Re: Unable to access vault in McAfee File Lock

File Lock can be rather tricky and you may be best advised to contact Technical Support regarding this.  It's free and available by phone or online chat and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

Meanwhile see if this FAQ helps:  http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100553

mcvault
Former Member
Message 3 of 22

I have had the same problem. I contacted the McAfee support and they informed that the files are deleted.

I see that there have been 116 views of this forum. Is there someone else having  the same problem ?

Thanks

vaultissue
Former Member
Message 4 of 22

I guess I'm another person waiting in line

McAfee File Lock version 3.1.116 has "lock" me out from my vault. I probably spent 3 hours talking to someone on the phone who couldn't find a solution after remotely accessing my computer. The file .vault is on the McAfee File Lock and to my understanding it has an ID issue because I wasn't able to re-linked or change IDs through advance options nor the tech guy on the phone. I have important documents from my job in there and I can't do anything. This is extremly frustating because it has NO recovery method and no tech guy knows the answer. 3 hours!! 1 hour with each person explaining the same issues over and over again. Does anyone know a software I can use to open/read .vault fileS? This is unnaceptable, I can't wait to see my boss face and be like "Paul so about those files, hmmm yes don't worry because they are REALLY SAFE"

Added by Peacekeeper

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 24/01/13 6:51:27 PM
Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 22

Post your SR number here please vaultissue

vaultissue
Former Member
Message 6 of 22

Hi Peacekeeper, do you mean serial number? Where exactly is it? I purchased the McAfee Total Protection online and downloaded the software for installation. I was told yesterday someone will try to call me today but none did. I'm not sure what to do, I'm going to try to call Tech Service again tomorrow. I've been reading some other forums and I hadn't find a solution. I have the vault file and I can't open it by any means.

Thank you for helping

Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 22

The SR number is given when you setup a call and usually emailed to you as well.

vaultissue
Former Member
Message 8 of 22

Got it, the number they gave me was 1016315541. I was told I will receive an email but never did.

vaultissue
Former Member
Message 9 of 22

It has been 10 days, can someone please help me? McAfee tech support keep putting me on the phone for 3 hours with someone accessing my computer remotely having no clue how to open my vault file. My SR number once again 1016315541.

Peacekeeper
Message 10 of 22

Will stir the pot aka techs up.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community