cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
majica
Former Member
Message 1 of 20

Removal of McAfee File Lock Vaults

I have total mcafee protection and do not have anything on the right pane or anywhere else.  Delete button can't work. Get error message that it can't be deleted

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 16/07/13 7:01:56 EDT PM
19 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 20

Re: Removal of McAfee File Lock Vaults

I moved this to its own thread as the one you posted to was years old and things have changed a lot in the interim.

Someone will hopefully drop in here from support but in case they don't here is the 24/7 phone contact for Anti-Theft Support

Number removed as product changed see last post.

If this is about something else then you need to spell out what the problem is and I will move this elsewhere accordingly.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 16/07/13 7:55:57 EDT PM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 20

What version of Anti-Theft is this, or are we talking about File Lock which is part of Total Protection?   Open SecurityCenter and click About and post the version.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 16/07/13 7:02:32 EDT PM
majica
Former Member
Message 4 of 20

We are talking about total protection.  Securit Center versiom 12.1

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 16/07/13 7:02:49 EDT PM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 20

So what is the problem?  

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 16/07/13 7:03:11 EDT PM
majica
Former Member
Message 6 of 20

Re: Removal of McAfee Anti Theft Vaults

Totally unable to delete vaults.  2 inn recycle bid 1 in my documents on the C drive.  Don't like them.  Too complicated to use.  Too many passwords, etc. to remember.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 20

Do you have or have you ever had Anti-Theft installed?   It's a special application that only applies to machines which have a special Intel AT chip.

I think you may be talking about File Lock, which is an optional part of Total Protection, is that what it is and have you lost your password for File Lock Vaults?

The Help section of your Total Protection software has a user guide for File Lock.

Toi delete files you need to unlock them first, is that what is causing the difficulty?

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 16/07/13 7:03:27 EDT PM
majica
Former Member
Message 8 of 20

File lock.  No passssword.  Can't find help file for file lock.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 16/07/13 7:03:42 EDT PM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 20

OK I moved the entire thread to File Lock and altered all the headers accordingly.

The Help files sometimes take a  while to load.  Here's the equivalent FAQ from the online support site.  (Linked under Useful Links at the top of this page - Technical Support is free by phone or online chat)

How to reset a forgotten File Lock password.

Once unlocked the vaults can be deleted.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 16/07/13 7:11:36 EDT PM
majica
Former Member
Message 10 of 20

! vault opem, can't remove.  2 in recycle bin.  Same thing, can't remove (delete)

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community