Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iluvflyin
Former Member
Message 1 of 10

Online Backup Registration Wizard

Jump to solution

I keep getting prompted to complete registration for the Online Backup application.  When I try to complete the registration, I get a window that says, "Failed to verify username and/or password"  with buttons Try Again and Cancel.  Try again just results in the same window message.  The other option is to contact McAfee Support.  So I did that.  Yesterday I contacted Consumer Support who transferred me to Technical Support and after a Chat and remote access session, the technician got the application registered.  Now today I am getting the same prompt from the wizard and the same window with "Failed to verify username and/or password", just like yesterday.  Can someone please help?  This is very annoying.  Many thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 10

Re: Online Backup Registration Wizard

Jump to solution

Sorry will have to wait for Dinz I do not install Online backup. If no post back in 2 days stir the pot please and I will chase him up.

You did not try reinstalling did you?

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 10

Jump to solution

Do you want to use online backup?

If not uninstall Mcafee and reinstall it using the custom install omiting backup.

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100507

If you do want it recontact support and escalate it (the call) if they are not sure what to do. 1 poster confirmed support fixed this issue for him.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 3 of 10

Jump to solution

These errors can be caused by a weak login password. A weak login password does not meet a set of requirements that make the password hard to guess. Your login password must contain at least eight characters and at least one number. Please logon to your McAfee account page here : http://home.mcafee.com and change your password to much stronger one and retry the registration process and get back to us if you still have issues

Thanks,

erixoltan
Former Member
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

I am having exactly the same problem.  My password does meet the complexity requirements and is not a weak password.  The same problem is happening on my son's computer as well, we both have exactly the same kind of new laptop.  Also, I notice that the McAfee service is always crashing and sending messages to Microsoft.  This is a brand new HP laptop. 

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 10

Jump to solution

If not as Dinz suggested try my suggestions. BTW what are the messages it is sending?

iluvflyin
Former Member
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

The popup window response says "Failed to verify username and/or password"  with buttons Try Again and Cancel.  Try again just results in the same window message.  The other option is to contact McAfee Support which I did and it did not fix the problem.  I also do not have a weak password; it meets all of the strong password requirements.  I would like to use the online backup system for my data.

Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 10

Jump to solution

Sorry will have to wait for Dinz I do not install Online backup. If no post back in 2 days stir the pot please and I will chase him up.

You did not try reinstalling did you?

iluvflyin
Former Member
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

Hi Peacekeeper!

No, I have not tried reinstalling yet.  Perhaps that will help.  I am also noting that there are other posts where users are having the exact problem and they also have appropriately strong passwords.  Perhaps reinstalling is the answer.  Thank you for suggesting that.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 9 of 10

Jump to solution

If you issue is not resolved please click on my avatar image and click on send private message and let me  know the status so that I could track your reference and give you a call to get this resolved .

Thanks

iluvflyin
Former Member
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

Reinstalling the Total Protection Software using the recommended (not custom) installation solved the Online Backup Registration problem.  Many thanks!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community