the SR was : 1415197477

regards.

Bruno

bruno_p
Former Member
Message 12 of 26

Re: Online Backup Error

Hi Selvan,

I am using the Total Solution bundle, that comes with a 2Gb data backup option.

The inial error code was indeed FilterError0, this is why I joined this Post.

since my last post a few events took place and now the backup feature seems to work:

I restored the file that were still stored in Mcafee servers. I am not sure if I have recovered everything as I received an error code "RestoreError2" code.

I then launched a manual back-up. it ran for more than an hour, and stopped with an error code "AccountError3".

I relaunched it manually, and it finished with a success code.

Since then the automatic back-up worked apparently well, with incremental back-up of the files that I have been working on beetween back-up.

In the middel of all this an automatic update of the software was received, and installed, but I don't remember when.

My question now is to decide if I can trust enough the service, to subscribe to the unlimited version. this was and still is the reason why I am testing the service.

any information on what may have happened, that could help me to gain confidence in the serrvice will be welcomed.

Best regards.

Bruno

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 13 of 26

Hi bruno_p,

It seems that the issue with Configuration od mcAfee Online Backup have been resolved as per records under the Service Request that you posted.

Coming to the Purchase of Unlimited backup package. You need to Restore all the files using 2GB package license before Upgrading to the Unlimitited License. If Am not wrong you will be provided with the new License for configuring with the Unlimited Backup Package.

Post back if you have any clarifications..!

skirkpatrick
Former Member
Message 14 of 26

Thanks psnhome,

The link you provided (http://kb.mcafee.com/agent/index?page=content&id=TS100727) worked for me. 

If anyone cannot find the McAfee Online Backup folder in their Program Files folder they might want to look in Program Files (x86) 🙂

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 15 of 26

Hi skirkpatrick,

Thank you for sharing.

sweesen
Former Member
Message 16 of 26

Dear skirkpatrick, I had try to find MOBK.inf but no in the folder. What can I do?

skirkpatrick
Former Member
Message 17 of 26

Hi Seeson,

You could try searching for it like this...

Windows 7
1.Click Start
2.Type 'cmd' and press enter

Windows 8
1.Press the Windows key and 'X'.
2.This will open the power user task menu, select either Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin).

Then...

3. Type 'cd\'  to take you right back to the root of you drive (probably c:\)
4. Type 'dir MOBK.inf /s'  to search all sub-folders
5. This might take a while, depending how much data you have, but if it's there it will find it and display the name of the folder above.

sweesen
Former Member
Message 18 of 26

skirkpatrick I just try, it only give me serial number.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 19 of 26

Hi Sweesen,

I have answered you here

sweesen
Former Member
Message 20 of 26

Chinthanai Selvan P, thank you, customer service help me solve the problem.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community