cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dustoff54
Former Member
Message 1 of 26

Online Backup Error

For the last week I haven't been able to run Online Backup.  When I try to run it it says "Software Disabled (FilterError0).  If I click on start backup, I get another box that says "More than 5 dyas have passed since the last successful backup.  If I click "OK", nothing happens.  Nothing has changed on my computer.  Help?!

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 30/01/14 6:44:16 PM
25 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 26

Re: Online Backup Error

Is this the stand alone version or was it included with Mcafee Total protection?

What is the version number?

psnhome
Contributor
Message 3 of 26

I am getting the exact same issue as described above???

McAfee Online Back up version 1.16.4.0

Running Windows 7 64 bit SP1

Message was edited by: psnhome on 1/30/14 6:42:59 AM CST

Message was edited by: psnhome on 1/30/14 8:22:19 AM CST
psnhome
Contributor
Message 4 of 26

I think I have just fixed the error by fixing the MOBK.inf file.....try this thread.....

http://kb.mcafee.com/agent/index?page=content&id=TS100727

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 26

Hi psnhome,

Thanks for the sharing the information..!

Regards

bruno_p
Former Member
Message 6 of 26

I am getting the same issue.

the solution proposed i  the link provided by psnhome did not work for me.

I am running McAfee Online Back up as part of the Total Protection package, on windows 8.1. and windows 7.

it has worked very well up to a two weeks ago, allowing me to restaure data that has been erased by mistake.

McAfee support intervened once on my PC last week. It could not reseolve the issue. Second line support intervervention was planned for yesterday.

After removing the full software, re-installing it, it worked, but only once and I am back to square one.

I was so happy that I was going to buy the extension to have unlimited capacity.

Even when the issue will be resolve I am not sure how confidentI will be to proceeed for a paid version.

any addit(ional solution will be welcomed.

regards.

Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 26

post your job number so Selvan can reference it please

bruno_p
Former Member
Message 8 of 26

Tony,

what do you mean by job number?

Peacekeeper
Message 9 of 26

When you contacted Mcafee support you would have been given a job number ie SR*****. You should have got an email saying it.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 10 of 26

Hi bruno_p

I would like to know whether you are using the license pack bundled with the Security suite or the Standlone Online Backup which has Unlimited Data upload/backup.

It would be more helpful if you could post the exact error code whether is it filtererror0?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community