cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 11 of 18

Re: Newest version of MOBK causing screen flash every minute?

Hi kenisaacson In that case you are having compatibility issues with the newest version of MOBK client I would suggest you revert back to 1.16 version and check if its working fine. Unless and until you have trouble backing up data you may switch to a different MOBK version and I beleive that MOBK 1.16 to be stable.

kenisaacson
Former Member
Message 12 of 18

Selvan,

I reverted to 1.16, and curiously (and unfortunately) the flashing problem presented itself. Now, this had never happened before I tried hte updated version.

Before reinstalling 1.16, I uninstalled Total Protection completely, and then used the Removal Tool (rebooting between steps). I then downloaded and installed Total Protection and included the integrated MOBK module, which was 1.16. Flash, every minute.

I then uninstalled Total protection and then used the Removal Tool. Downloaded and installed Total Protection, this time leaving out the MOBK module. All is well.

Don't know why I can't use even the previous version of MOBK, which worked OK for me a few weeks ago.

Ken

kenisaacson
Former Member
Message 13 of 18

Selvan, any thoughts?

Thanks.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 14 of 18

Hi Kenisaacson Did you try to check this problem outside windows perhaps in the BIOS. This could be a problem with Video/Graphics drivers also. Check with Graphics or Video driver manufacturer's website for optimization. Meanwhile I'll require you version of McAfee and OS installed in your machine so that I may try to reproduce the issue in my PC.

Regards

kenisaacson
Former Member
Message 15 of 18

Selvan,

When I first encounted this problem, I ran a complete set of diagnostic tests from Dell, which reported no problems with graphics/video. My OS is Win 8 64-bit. MOBK causing the problem is both 1.16 and 2.18.

Thanks.

Ken

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 16 of 18

Have you checked the screen resolution settings?  They may have changed.  According to some searches I did online this sort of thing can be caused by incorrect screen resolution for your monitor or screen.

Also check Power Settings > Advanced that nothing is trying to turn off your monitor or graphics after x minutes, plus check that no screensaver is trying to engage after x minutes, that could cause this too.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 17 of 18

I also read that certain Dell models have had this issue in the past so it may be worth pursuing further with them.  MOBK may simply be a trigger for a hidden problem  with Dell components.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 18 of 18

Hi kenisaacson I did install MOBK in my Win 8 test PC and it was working fine without any issues. I would suggest you connect to an external monitor if you have any and check for the issue. Also post the screenshot of the Device manager window of your PC here.

Regards

Message was edited by: pc_selvan on 8/6/13 4:32:17 PM CDT
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community