cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
melihsivrikaya
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

My files are locked out / Can not unlock vault.

Hello,

I have Mcafee all access total protection and use Mcafee vault.

What recently (probably) happened is that I restarted my computer without locking back the vault. (There was probably still something running, while I only have Documents in it, Not programs.)

As you can see I have my first vault bugged (Unlocked) But it's not in my Drives. http://prntscr.com/18ku8f

When I double click.. Nothing happens http://prntscr.com/18kupk
This is what it says when I try to lock it : http://prntscr.com/18ksjw

I have nothing running from the vault. I tried restarting, etc.. Anything. Still doesn't unlock it. Most important is that I can't access my files in the vault...

How can I make my files accessable again? Or even visible... I don't even know if my files are still in the vault, It shows 4.00gb free of 4,00gb while it's atleast 80% full

Thanks.

Edited question; More screenshots on 6/6/13 12:03:14 PM CDT
7 Replies
suicune7777777
Former Member
Message 2 of 8

Re: My files are locked out / Can not unlock vault.

I am also facing the same problem,

I also have Mcafee Total protection and use Mcafee Vault

Please Discuss and Find a solution to the problem.

Thanks

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 8

As this is from June & unanswered I would contact Technical Support straight away.  It's free of charge and linked under 'Useful Links' at the top of this page.  

melihsivrikaya
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Thank you very much Brit for your fast response,

I know it's a hard question to answer and I'm happy you answered it within a year

Shows how good and fast mcafee support is.

suicune7777777
Former Member
Message 5 of 8

Thank you so much from here as well.

EDIT: i tried but the technical support finds nothing.

Message was edited by: suicune7777777 on 12/18/13 6:34:21 AM CST
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 8

These forums are manned mainly by your peers, users like you, and none of the Moderators have File Lock, etc. etc. activated plus melihsivrikaya we obviously can't answer every single post that is ever made.   So we don't have much knowledge of how to fix it.   If support can't help with the first contact, do it again and this time ask for escalation.

At least I answered, no need for sarcastic remarks.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 18/12/13 8:02:09 EST AM
lpz999
Former Member
Message 7 of 8

I never see this issue.  Looks like this something new. Normally, if unlock vault failed becuase of files is not closed can be fixed by reboot machine. It looks like this trick did not fix your problem.  First things first, can you check the version of File lock installed on your system?

BTW, I am appriciated if you can send me the log through mail. The log file located in C:\Programdata\McAfee\MCLOGS\ETW.  Please zip the folder of ETW and send that to me.

Thanks!

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 8

Email is not visible to others so here it is munged for security purposes:  lipeng_zhang  AT  mcafee.com 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community