Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barramundi
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Identity Monitoring

Jump to solution

How do I update the information McAfee is monitoring? All the emails I receive about identity monitoring are false and I'm really sick of receiving the messages. They claim they found 'MY' dob but I'm not so foolish as to think I'm the only person born that day.

Unless they've found that date attached to my name, it has nothing to do with me. 

I also really hate that McAfee sends me emails that I cannot reply to wasting my time with nonsense. If a company doesn't want to hear from their clients they don't care much about client service.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
The_Eagle_007
Contributor III
Message 4 of 7

Re: Identity Monitoring

Jump to solution

Go to protection.mcafee.com and enter your details such as email, mobile number, SSN etc. for the information you wish McAfee to monitor. And then you are good to go.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
krishna55
Message 2 of 7

Jump to solution

Hi @Barramundi,

Greetings from McAfee.

Please contact our customer support using the link below to resolve the issue.

McAfee Chat Support

Regards,
Krishnamanikandan KS

Barramundi
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Jump to solution

Please advise how I update the information McAfee is monitoring. I'd really appreciate if someone would answer my question. thank you

The_Eagle_007
Contributor III
Message 4 of 7

Jump to solution

Go to protection.mcafee.com and enter your details such as email, mobile number, SSN etc. for the information you wish McAfee to monitor. And then you are good to go.

Barramundi
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Jump to solution

Thank you! I removed the dob and all my fake breeches vanished.

lokeshjoshi
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Jump to solution

There are actually two ways to update McAfee Identity Monitoring, depending on what you mean by "update":

1. Updating your personal information:

If you want to update the personal information that McAfee Identity Monitoring tracks, like your name, address, or phone number, here's how:

• Go to protection.mcafee.com.
  • Click on My Info in the top navigation bar.
  • Click on Manage Monitored Info.
  • Review the information listed and make any necessary changes.
  • Click Save.

2. Updating the service itself:

McAfee Identity Monitoring doesn't require manual updates like software programs. It automatically scans for the latest threats and data breaches in real time. However, to ensure you're benefiting from the newest features and functionalities, you can check for app updates within your McAfee software:

• Open your McAfee software (McAfee Total Protection, etc.).
  • Click on Account in the menu bar.
  • Click on Update app.
  • Click Check now to check for the latest updates.
  • Click Done after the updates are downloaded and installed.
Barramundi
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Jump to solution

thank you. This issue was already solved but your solution is excellent and very detailed.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community