cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
romeoalfa
Former Member
Message 1 of 9

Backup subscription showing expired when jusy under a year to go

My first visit here--forgive me if I do not follow procedure--75 years and struggling with new tech

I have recently subscribed to McAfee on line back up--full paid up unlimited version. Also McAfee security suite

Started backup but got message I only had 1040mb of backup space.-- Got through to McAfee help chat.. After some time--elevated to higher level, Advisor took over my pc and saw problem.Uninstalled all M systems and re-installed. Back up message then said my backup subscription expired--although I had just recently paid for yr. Advisor then told me this was a problem being looked into and would take 2/3 weeks to solve.therefore I could not backup anything..I would get email when problem solved.

Anybody else having same problem

8 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 9

Re: Backup subscription showing expired when jusy under a year to go

Hello ,

I have sent you an email requesting for some additional information on this one ,Could you please get it replied so that we could arrange a call back and diagnose the issue.

Regards,
Dinesh K
McAfee Online Community Moderator

jbolumar
Former Member
Message 3 of 9

I have a similar problem:

I have renewed my suscription to Internet Security for 4 computers and bought Unlimited OnlineBackUp for one of them.

The online backup works only for the PC with unlimited memory. I can not use the online backup for none of the other three. The program says that the product is out of date.

While, the antivirus works perfectly for all the computers.

The assitance phone says that it is normal, buy I don't agree: The online back up has to be included in the Internet Security for all the computers.

romeoalfa
Former Member
Message 4 of 9

Having looked at this problem for some time I believe--but not sure--the subscription to unlimited backup would only apply to that particular computer.

McAfee security suite also has a backup facility included with it but only for --again I think--1Gb

jbolumar
Former Member
Message 5 of 9

Yes. RomeoAlfa: you are right:  the unlimited backup space is for only one computer.

My problem is that since I bought the unlimited backup for one computer, the 1 Mb BackUp service appears as expired for the rest of computers.

romeoalfa
Former Member
Message 6 of 9

Wow

That's a new problem--This may sound very silly---but could the backup started automatically on the other three m/c and the 1Gb be used up--hence the backup scription within the Securiy Suite no longer be available to you

jbolumar
Former Member
Message 7 of 9

A few weeks after my post, the back up system of all the computers started to work perfectly after a program update.

It seems McAfee fixed the bug.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 8 of 9

Glad that you are OK now and we do appreciate you taking time to report it back. . Please get back to us if any other issues . .

shawmj
Former Member
Message 9 of 9

I don't know about anyone else, but this subscription thing is killing me.  I was auto-renewed at the beginning of November for two unlimited backup licenses.  Neither one of them actually works.  Both of the PCs say that my subscription expired on 12/08.  I was in online chat with tech support who told me that the best (?) solution was to uninstall the backup software and reinstall it - that should pick up the new subscription.  That hasn't worked on either computer.  Is this some kind of racket to hold my data hostage?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community