Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Urmel
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Installation stoped at 81% Security Center

Jump to solution

i have download the mc afee live safe, but the installation stoped at 81%  "cant uinstall the security center" I have been a customer for a long time. Last year in october my account runs off. so i make a new order. I extinguish the old version. but no succes. Let me know what to do.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Hari_durairaj
Message 2 of 4

Re: Installation stoped at 81% Security Center

Jump to solution

Hi @Urmel 

Greetings from McAfee.

Kindly follow the below articles to uninstall and re-install McAfee. Please update us the outcome.

Uninstallation - How to remove McAfee products from a Windows PC

Installation - How to download and install McAfee products

Alternatively you can reach our consumer support for more information

McAfee Consumer Support

Regards,
Hari Durairaj

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Hari_durairaj
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi @Urmel 

Greetings from McAfee.

Kindly follow the below articles to uninstall and re-install McAfee. Please update us the outcome.

Uninstallation - How to remove McAfee products from a Windows PC

Installation - How to download and install McAfee products

Alternatively you can reach our consumer support for more information

McAfee Consumer Support

Regards,
Hari Durairaj

JanLuka
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

I have the same issue with McAfee LiveSafe. Even removed the software completely using the uninstaller (MCPR), Microsoft Application uninstaller and followed your steps to reinstall the application the installer is failing at 81%. What else can be done?

I installed using the application downloaded from my account, McAfee Installer, Pre-Install_Tool and WSSInstallHelper. 

JanLuka
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Did the solution you provide really helped or did the support closed like in my case after a few days not replying?

I tried everything described in the forums and all the time I'm getting the same message indepent if installing as user or administrator. Same s*** after 81% it is stopping to install the application. 

It worked for a year and only after renewing for an other year and reinstallation it is now blocking. Does that means I paid for nothing and need to move to an other solution?

Please make sure somebody more advanced is getting in touch with me than a standard level 1 supporter. 

I can read that I'm losing time and are not amused at all. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community