cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nihydron47
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Huawei P30 inklusive Google Play store vorhanden - Gerät dennoch nicht kompatibel???

Hallo,

ich habe 15 Lizenzen der McAfee Total Protection erstanden. Nun wollte ich alle Geräte mit diesem Schutzsystem ausstatten. Jedoch bekomme ich vom Google Play Store mitgeteilt, dass die Geräte nicht mit dieser Version kompatibel sind. Im McAfee-Artikel (https://service.mcafee.com/?locale=en-US&articleId=TS103079&fromSearch=true&page=shell&shell=article...) stand einiges darüber. Da ich aber alle Erfordernisse erfülle, taucht für mich die Frage auf, warum es dennoch nicht funktioniert. Ich benötige Hilfe, woran es sonst liegen könnte. Ansonsten kommt das Produkt für mich nicht in Frage.

Besten Dank und in Hoffnung auf baldigste Antwort.

Gerät: Huwaei P30 Modell MAR-LX1A, EMUI 10.0.0, Android 10

4 Replies
Smita_Kumari
Message 2 of 5

Re: Huawei P30 inklusive Google Play store vorhanden - Gerät dennoch nicht kompatibel???

Hi @nihydron47 

Greetings from McAfee,

We regret to inform you that Huawei P30 runs on a custom based operating system i.e. harmony OS and are supported by McAfee apps.

For more details kindly follow the below mentioned KB Article.

McAfee Security - Known limitations on custom versions of Android

Regards,
Smita Kumari

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

nihydron47
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Re: Huawei P30 inklusive Google Play store vorhanden - Gerät dennoch nicht kompatibel???

Thanks for quick answering, but are you meaning supported or NOT supported?

I have Google Play Store. I have done and checked all what is described there. What did I made wrong???

And limitations must be shown in this way, that customers have directed to if they wants to buy a multi platform product. Because this is a number of many handhelds, mobiles, tablets, which cannot use this product. If I bought it I had read the system requirements and there is no link for devices which didn`t work. There is to read that google android 7.0 or higher is recommended.

Excuse my harsh words, but this is in a lot of definitions unacceptable. This is not the way a company should make business.

What can I do with 2 codes for 15 (!) devices I can`t use?

I hope I have misunderstand the last message. Then I hereby apologize.

Smita_Kumari
Message 4 of 5

Hi @nihydron47 ,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

A small correction to my previous post - We would like to inform you that custom based operating system are not supported by McAfee apps. Therefore Huawei P30 device is not compatible with McAfee as it runs on Harmony OS

For more details kindly follow the below mentioned KB Article.

McAfee Security - Known limitations on custom versions of Android

Regards,
Smita Kumari

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

LesH
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

The Huawei P30 does not run HarmonyOS. It runs Android 10 and has Google Play Store to get apps. However, McAfee Total Protection is incompatible. I agree that there should be a warning that not all Android devices will work with software. I bought the 1 year 5 devices option to run on a Windows 11 Desktop, Samsung A51 and Huawei P30 Lite. I have had to buy Avast software for the Huawei now and have three unused devices for McAfee. Will not be renewing McAfee next year. 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community