Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phizzle
Contributor II
Message 1 of 9

Firewall - Verbindungen verwalten

Hallo,

seit einem der letzten Updates hat sich die Firewall verändert - leider meiner Meinung nach zum Negativen. Seit kurzem wird die Firewall in Mc Afee Total Protection als "Erweiterte Firewall" angezeigt. Ich habe die Möglichkeit diese zu aktivieren oder zu deaktivieren.

Aber wie kann ich die Verbindungen manuell verwalten? Bis vor kurzem gab es eine Liste mit allen Programmen, die eine Verbindung ins Web herstellen und man konnte die Regeln anpassen (zulassen / designierte Ports zulassen / blockieren usw.). Gibt es diese Möglichkeit nicht mehr? Ich habe mich durch nahezu alle Menüs geklickt und konnte keine derartigen Einstellungen mehr finden 😞 Das wäre sehr schade und m.M.n. eher eine Rückentwicklung und für mich definitiv ein Grund, zukünftig nicht mehr Mc Afee zu verwenden... 

8 Replies
krishna55
Message 2 of 9

Re: Firewall - Verbindungen verwalten

Hallo @phizzle,

Grüße von McAfee.

Wir entschuldigen uns für die entstandenen Unannehmlichkeiten. Ich habe Ihnen eine private Nachricht gesendet. Bitte geben Sie die erforderlichen Details zurück, um Ihnen bei diesem Problem zu helfen.

Grüße,

Krishnamanikandan KS

phizzle
Contributor II
Message 3 of 9

Hallo @krishna55 ,

ich habe die notwendigen Infos per privater Nachricht gesendet.

VG

Christian_LG
Contributor II
Message 4 of 9

Ich habe genau das gleiche Problem. Ohne die "Verbindungen Verwalten" Option, mit der ich gezielt Verbindungen freigeben oder unterbinden kann, ist die McAfee Firwall für mich nicht sinnvoll benutzbar. Daher wüßte ich gern, ob es eine Möglichkeit gibt zur alten Firewall zurückzukehren. Ansonsten muß ich mich nach einem anderen Produkt umsehen.

phizzle
Contributor II
Message 5 of 9

Ich habe die Befürchtung, dass diese Funktion aktuell nicht mehr besteht. Ich wurde auf folgenden Artikel verwiesen https://www.mcafee.com/support/?locale=en-US&articleId=TS103342&fromSearch=true&page=shell&shell=art...

Ich möchte die Verbindungen aber verwalten, ohne, dass diese vorher von Mc Afee als riskant eingestuft wurden. Wenn diese Funktion nicht mit einem Update wieder zurück kehrt, werde ich mir auch eine neue Firewall suchen müssen 

Christian_LG
Contributor II
Message 6 of 9

I need the old firewall where I can manage the connections. This is a significant reduction in functionality! And I paid for this functionality. I will not continue to pay for McAfee if this is not changed!

Christian_LG
Contributor II
Message 7 of 9

OK, three weeks gone, a chat with a guy from McAfee without a solution. One week to go to and then I will cancel my McAfee subscription and go to a competitor, since the most essential feature for me is taken away without warning or user option. It´s really sad!

phizzle
Contributor II
Message 8 of 9

So there seems to be a "half" solution:
Now theres a shortcut in the Mc Afee firewall settings to the Windows Defender Firewall settings, which is supposed to work together with Mc Afee.

For me it works 50%. I tried if it really works by blocking iTunes as a test. If I just block inbound traffic, iTunes still connects to the internet and I can play Apple Music and stuff - which, in my understanding, shouldn't be possible if the inbound traffic would actually be blocked.
If I block outbound traffic, iTunes doesn't connect.

I'm not really happy with this solution because it doesn't seem to work 100% properly and the usability is not really good but at least it's something... I hope Mc Afee will work on it and maybe reconsider this connection to Windows Defender Firewall. I still would prefer a rollback to the old firewall

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 9

hello @phizzle 

there is another topic about the missing settings in the new Advanced Firewall. in the community.

several users have reported issues there. 

mcafee mod has contacted the concern team about this and give response receiving answer from them.

the topic can be found here;

McAfee Support Community - Re: Firewall Release Name: 16.0 R107 settings for ... - McAfee Support Co...

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community