cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Petra11
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Download of all settings and findings firewall (blocked IP)

Dear all

I do have problems with hackers, I need the details of all settings (ports.. and so on)

do anybody know how to create and download a report of all settings in McAfee and report of blocked IPs (firewall)

the support I contacted in Europe did not answer in any way, so I think about to change to another antivirus-programm and firewall, I am disappointed. The scans need less than the time to click the button, there are no reports of founded problems, I can make only screenshot of 3 blocked IPs (from more than 2900) per page... no copy&paste possible. 

I am convinced that the hackers had fully access to my computer, although I do have several firewalls, but the contacts to support of McAfee were disappointing and there were no steps made to create a succesfull solution. 

Thanks for any tipp

3 Replies
Edward_Franso
Message 2 of 4

Re: Download of all settings and findings firewall (blocked IP)

Hi @Petra11 

We regret for the inconvenience!

Kindly perform the below steps and check how it goes. 

1. Kindly ensure windows updates are upto date
    2. Update McAfee to the latest version
    3. Uninstall any 3rd party antivirus if installed.

Alternatively, You can always contact the chat support using below link for immediate assistance 

McAfee Chat 

Regards
Edward Franso 

Petra11
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Dear Edward

I would like to have the settings in McAfee because I felt, there is low protection because of access by hacker so I installed several others. I have made the experience that hackers are hacking often used software, this means microsoft outlook or several well known firewalls. 

McAfee did not give note about blocking an IP. 

I do have installed in settings that if there are updates, I will get a note. But I do not want to deinstall other firewalls. I have made the experience that they take access to my WLAN when I am entering in Internet. I have done research and studies in financial crimes. 

Please could you give me support how to gain all Settings in McAfee (see description mail before)

thanks 

best regards

Petra11
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Dear Edward

I tried to update McAfee but nothing is happening, would you be so kind to give me a link. I do have an old version of McAfee because I'm a long-term customer. I made a check in update history and apps&features and could not find McAfee, a search in general settings of my computer - no result.

It is my mind, that McAfee is corrupted by the Russian Hacker (a lot of hints). But when I would deinstall all settings are lost... THIS is the idea behind, as long as I do not have all settings I do not like to make a big change in McAfee

thanks for your support

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community