cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sheiky
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

windows pop up

Keep getting this windows 8.1 pop up telling me to download/ run this virus system and it does show the Mcafee shield,  but I already have Mcafee Livesafe, so don't know if I should do it or if it is a scam?

6 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 7

Re: windows pop up

Moved to General Discussion.

Check your program list in Control Panel > Programs and Features for an item "McAfee Security Scan Plus and if listed, uninstall it.

It's not dangerous, just a nuisance and a security checker that downloads with 3rd party products such as Adobe - anything & many others.

sheiky
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Thank you Ex Brit, I will give that a go.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 7

If it recurs a screenshot would be useful.

sheiky
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

sorry what do you mean by that?  Not very computer savvy.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 7

Post a picture of what you are seeing.   If you want to tell me what operating system this is then I may be able to find a tutorial for you.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 7

For instance, using the Snipping Tool which exists on all Windows versions from Vista Upwards:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/use-snipping-tool-capture-screen-shots#1TC=windows-7

Just change the operating system at the top right if necessary.

Or how to capture a screen image using Paint (applies to any Windows version):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/take-screen-capture-print-screen#take-screen-capture-prin...

Again change the system at top right if needed.  You'll need Microsoft Silverlight installed for that last one to work.   It will prompt you.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community