Contributor
Message 1 of 14

whats the difference between McAfee® Total Protection Household and family

Hello
In the UK can someone please tell me the difference between •
McAfee® Total Protection Household 10 Device Protection Price £39.99
and
McAfee® Total Protection Family 10 Device Protection Price £44.99

It depends on how you got the the McAfee website if you get offered Household or Family. I got to Household throw a money back site getting 40% back of the £39.99, got to family by just searching McAfee.

13 Replies
muthu_ganesh
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 14

Re: whats the difference between McAfee® Total Protection Household and family

Hi @Macskin ,

For more information about our products, please visit https://www.mcafee.com/en-gb/antivirus/mcafee-total-protection.html#offerterms

Macskin
Contributor
Message 3 of 14

muthu_ganesh thank you for your reply it has all the information about McAfee® Total Protection family that costs £44.99 it did not give any information about McAfee® Total Protection Household that costs £39.99.

McAfee® Total Protection family gives you access to the VPN and identity protection as long as you have auto renew switched on, do you get get them with  McAfee® Total Protection Household?

Also why are they only available if Auto renew is switched on?

I can get an explanation of everything that comes with McAfee® Total Protection family there is no explanation of what everything dose with McAfee® Total Protection Household. The picture below shows what i mean with Household you get just a tick and on the family the + gives you an explanation. I was hoping to get an answer to this before Monday the cash back sites deal on household £39.99 + 40% cash back ends Sunday 5th April 2020.

Screen Shot 2020-04-04 at 03.53.16.png

Macskin
Contributor
Message 4 of 14

Hi 

I can you still tell me the difference between McAfee® Total Protection Household and family. I missed the offer for Household for £39.99 with 40% cash back it ended on 5th April 2020. The cash back site is now offering McAfee® Total Protection Household for £39.99 with 48% cash back.

Macskin
Contributor
Message 5 of 14

Hello 

whats the difference between McAfee® Total Protection Household and family?

Can you help mw please or should i go to a competitor?

Peacekeeper
Message 6 of 14

I feel you have already answered your question ID theft protection and VPN if you leave auto renewal on seems the difference. This is as far as I can dig up.

Ok this deepens found this that says ID theft protection included in Household

Clipboard.jpg

So vpn only extra that I see from here.

Macskin
Contributor
Message 7 of 14

Hi Peacekeeper

Sorry if you feel that you have already answered my question.
The picture below shows the Household you have shown is not the same Household as the one I was asking about.
The ID Theft Protection is only on yours
The webpage for Household dose not have a good description of what everything dose. Where can I find a detailed description of everything?
Could you also tell me dose Household have any free extras or is it only Total Protection Family that has the free extras?
Could you also tell me if everything that comes with Household is comparable with macOS?

Thank you for your help.

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 00.26.42.png

Macskin
Contributor
Message 8 of 14

I just noticed that if I was in the US McAfee® Total Protection family would cost $39.99 before TAX. In the UK the same product is £44.99 with TAX before TAX £37.49. Using todays exchange rate £1 = $1.236 making £37.49 = $46.32

Why is McAfee over charging UK customers an extra $6.33

Peacekeeper
Message 9 of 14

Same happens in Australia. Sigh. Sometimes even cheaper. Seems no set cost. 

Peacekeeper
Message 10 of 14

I wasn't saying had already answered your question but that you had. The only difference between the two was VPN and I'd protection. 

That was before I found that household in some sites said I'd was included. Confusing to say the least.

What is shown with the green ticks us the same for family  version. Only VPN and maybe Id different.

Only a helper here so not familiar with variations.  Prices and maybe versions or features vary over different locales I feel.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community