Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quiltgirl
Contributor III
Message 11 of 34

Re: version 15.1. R2 manual full scan does not scan all files

Jump to solution

I guess its answered, even though I don't like the answer.  I think there should still be an option to do a complete scan.  Seems like features are being taken away, like scheduled scans were.   At least that feature was returned.

And though I have 15.1 R2, I do not have the new GUI yet.  Mine also still says an "intel" company.  Will Windows 7 be getting the new GUI?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 12 of 34

Jump to solution

Yes..As I am waiting myself   Could you kindly mark this as Correctly Answered please?

As for the methodology, it is considered to be much more safer to *Block* files (before) they have a chance to install, opposed to scanning for them afterwards.

Thank you

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
jonnywalker
Contributor III
Message 13 of 34

Jump to solution

Hi

Just want to point out that if you follow the link provided and read the txt  about the benefits of the new engine. And then follow the links at the bottom of that page to pc mags rewiews it doesn´t look good regarding the ability to protect our computers. I would have expected more from this new version. Sorry to say so. If those tests was conducted with the new engine I´m not happy at all.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 14 of 34

Jump to solution

While I can respect your invaluable input, I can honestly say that I have been running the New Scanning Engine since October 17/2016. And thus far have not experienced anything untoward. I ask you also if the same goes for you?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
jonnywalker
Contributor III
Message 15 of 34

Jump to solution

Hello.

No I have not had any problems other than the first full scan took very long time to perform even longer then before the update to the new version. On the other hand the quick scan was performed much faster. Just wondering if I get this right the files scans when you use them ? Does this mean that when I download a file it won´t be scanned until I use them ? If so I would prefere them be scanned when I download. I realy prefere the download being blocked before they enter my pc rather than after. But maybe I got it all wrong ?  But the most important thing for me is to have trust in the AV program you use. And right now I realy can`t say that I have that. I read the letter that was posted on the McAfee home page about the new company and the promises of the future about McAfee as a security company. I hope they will live up to those.

Best regards

JW

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 16 of 34

Jump to solution

Thank you again for your input   To answer your question, (Yes) when you download something it is being accessed. Simply meaning that McAfee indeed is protecting you. Trust me, I am a user just like you. I would never stipulate anything I have not experienced myself.

We communicate with the *Powers to be* on a weekly basis, and I can assure you that they 1st and foremost have both Yours/My best interests at heart.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 17 of 34

Jump to solution

Also webadvisor checks all downloads.as well as sites you go to.

jonnywalker
Contributor III
Message 18 of 34

Jump to solution

Ok thank´s for the info. About the webadvisor, sometimes when I download something it pops down a message that the WA checks the file but not at all times. Why so ? Is it depending of the file downloaded or is it only certain types of files being checked ?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 19 of 34

Jump to solution

In my personal experience Web Advisor Scans all (downloads) to make sure they are safe.  Your Anti Virus detects all (files) being accessed.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
sequoyah78
Contributor
Message 20 of 34

Jump to solution

Please see my reply to regarding issues raised in

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community