Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjbarr3
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

user acct. pops up

Jump to solution

Hello. I would like to ask a question. I have purchased a new pc and redownloaded my subscription of Anti Virus. Up until the other day ,all worked well. now when I boot up my pc and McAfee loads up the win 7 User Account Control  message appears. How do I get that to stop appearing upon boot up ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dinz
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Re: user acct. pops up

Jump to solution

Hi M.J,

UAC.jpg

If you are referring to the User account Access (UAC) like the one above, it’s a feature of Windows 7  PC to notify the user before attempting any administrative actions like downloads etc,

To disable it Go to Start Menu -> Control Panel -> User Accounts and Family Safety -> User Account

Slide the slider bar to the lowest value (towards Never Notify), with description showing Never notify me

Click OK to make the change effective.

Restart the computer to turn off User Access Control

If its something else that you are referring to, please get back to us with a screen shot of the same .

Thanks,

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Can you post a pic of the message please, add the mcafee versions for Security centre Virusscan and firewall.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Hi M.J,

UAC.jpg

If you are referring to the User account Access (UAC) like the one above, it’s a feature of Windows 7  PC to notify the user before attempting any administrative actions like downloads etc,

To disable it Go to Start Menu -> Control Panel -> User Accounts and Family Safety -> User Account

Slide the slider bar to the lowest value (towards Never Notify), with description showing Never notify me

Click OK to make the change effective.

Restart the computer to turn off User Access Control

If its something else that you are referring to, please get back to us with a screen shot of the same .

Thanks,

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community