cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quiltgirl
Contributor III
Message 21 of 32

Re: update to 16.0.3 was troublesome

So I powered off my pc last night and restarted it this morning.   After it had been up awhile, there was no McAfee icon on the taskbar and attempts to open the desktop icon failed.  Activity center said virus scan, firewall, etc. were ok and McAfee was active.

So I restarted the PC.  When it came up, there was a new desktop icon and new taskbar icon.  I am now at 16.0.4,  Security Center 16.4.187 and Engine 3129.

Why didn't it tell me a restart was necessary?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 22 of 32

It is likely that it simply needed to be rebooted to complete the installation. I routinely restart after a Version/Build update as it is. Is everything functioning properly? Have you tried running a scan/ I have and all is fine.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
quiltgirl
Contributor III
Message 23 of 32

How would I know there was an update if I could not open the desktop icon and the taskbar icon had gone away?

Why was there not some sort of pop-up indicating a reboot is necessary?

Peacekeeper
Message 24 of 32

Mine said please restart in a big popup bottom right of the screen. Unsure why yours did not but you are ok now?

quiltgirl
Contributor III
Message 25 of 32

I don't think I have ever seen such a pop-up.   I power up the PC and go do something else for awhile.  Perhaps it timed out and went away before I got back.

All seems to be working ok, but I don't have time to try a vscan today.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 26 of 32

That's Great...Glad all is okay.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 27 of 32

hello catdaddy,

does mcafee have a releasnote page to see whats new in version 16.0.4 ?

Peacekeeper
Message 28 of 32

No we mods even are not told most changes are internal. We can ask but unsure if we will be told. they usually list new .0 version changes ie 16.0 15.0 etc not sub version changes.

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 29 of 32

hello Peacekeeper,

thank your for your answer.

it was something that came up in my mind, out of curiousity. if such page does not exist.....not a problem.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 30 of 32

As Colleague Peacekeeper said, certain proprietary information is not privy to us,as with most Security Vendors. I have noticed there are (New) processes in this latest Version/Build. In which I will be mentioning/inquiring about.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community