cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimbalo11
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

total protection?

can anyone help me out please,am new to all this. i have mcfee bt netprotect plus free with my broadband, can i add mcfee total protection? or is it same protection?       thanx    jim

4 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Re: total protection?

Total Protection is the name of a suite that is purchased directly from McAfee.  The details for the UK are here:   http://home.mcafee.com/store/total-protection

I tried looking at the BT Net Protect Plus page to ascertain what it's comprised of and it isn't very clear to me at least.  You should contact them to check that.

You certainly shouldn't need to purchase anything extra.

You could probably check yourself what it contains by double-clicking the taskbar icon to open the SecurityCenter

Then click 'About' at the top right and scroll down to see each component.  (Older versions click 'Navigate' then 'About').

There are various tools that I would recommend as extra protection or to be used if there's a problem and they are listed here:   https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-2168

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 13/05/12 8:21:43 EDT AM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 5

Moved to General Discussion.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 13/05/12 8:22:39 EDT AM
jimbalo11
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

thanks for help ex brit.........cheers jim

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 5

You're welcome.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community