Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 11 of 16

Re: total protection 15.1 no longer has scheduled scanning

It can be rather confusing. We were informed that the Devs are diligently working on a New Installer that will merge all Versions/Builds into each individual suite. 16.0.xx. The ETA is pending but expected in the near future. I apologize I could not be more definitive on exactly when this is to occur.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
lnerenbu
Contributor III
Message 12 of 16

Yes, it is confusing. Back in November I had 15.0 R2.  I believe I lost that version when I swapped HDDs due to a possible trojan problem (subject of another post re unfamiliar support also opened May 6).  Until yesterday I was running 15.0 R0.  Last night I went through the uninstall process and I thought I was upgrading to 15.0 R2, as per the discussion, to get scheduled scanning working again and wind up with 14.0!  That has scheduled scanning which is fine.  

But, if I let McAfee update, will it update to 15.0 R0 - which doesn't have scheduled scanning - or will it just update the virus definitions - which is all that I want? 

i just want the product to work and not spend endless time on these posts.  I want to be able to trust that my AV program is doing the job that I expect it to do without my intervention or having to monitor it.  I want to know that scans are being done regularly, on schedule, and not find, as I did back in March, that no scan was run for a month!

Deprecating useful functionality (custom scan) is never a popular thing to do.  But, when you do something like that and break something else - i.e. scheduled scanning - one has to wonder about the robustness of McAfee's QA of a product to be shipped.

Shipping a product that isn't working right - especially a critical function like scheduled/regular scanning missing and not being done at all - is inexcusable.

And that is exactly what I seem to have had - twice.  Once back in March when I found that no scan had been done in a month and a few days ago when I found that no scan had been done in a week.

At least the uninstall/install process works better than it did years ago.  I recall having to print out a many step page of instructions to uninstall years ago that made it something I was loathe to do and made the idea of switching to some other AV program less palatable.  I've been using McAfee for at least 10 years.  I renewed my 5-license subscription in Nov 2014 for 3 years.  I certainly won't renew for another 3 years.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 16

I can understand your sentiments,as I am a User like yourself. I also have chosen McAfee as my choice for protection for over 15 years or more. One thing I look at,it has always kept my devices safe and free of malicious processes.

It is my belief that since McAfee has transitioned from Intel and become whole again. The software will once again be less problematic. As we converse on a weekly basis with the *Powers to be*, I can sincerely attest that they sincerely hold us customers to the highest standards, and strive to keep our best interests at heart.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 14 of 16

Actually it was mentioned last Monday on our moderator call that 15.1 installs have been paused. It is intended to blend all installs into the one version 16 in the near future so do not worry about the version you get all will be the same soon.

lnerenbu
Contributor III
Message 15 of 16

When this happens will it be an automatic update to V16 or will it require uninstall/reinstall?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 16 of 16

Automatic

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community