Hi. I Have instaled Mcafee Total Protection on my laptop and schedule scat doesn t start at 21.00 monday every week, how I fixed . Why? I disabled ” scan using minimal resources” and ”start scan only the pc is plugged in. Thanks.
Make sure your computer's time and date settings are set correctly also Task Scheduler Scheduler service must be running and properly configured to run tasks. If you had stopped scheduled tasks manually from the Scheduled Tasks window, the service stops and does not initialize the next time you start the computer. If the service is not configured to log on as the local system account, it may not start.
To check the settings for the service:
1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Administrative Tools.
2. Click Computer Management.
3. Expand Services and Applications, and then click Services.
4. Right-click the Task Scheduler service, and then click Properties.
5. On the General tab, make sure that the startup type is set to automatic, and that the service status is Started. If the service is not running, click Start.
6. On the Log On tab, make sure that the local system account is selected, and that the Allow service to interact with desktop check box has a check mark.
7. Click OK, and then quit Computer Management.
Restart the computer and then check the Schedule Scanning ....
McAfee has changed the way scheduled scans start to prevent your computer from launching a scan while you are using it, which could cause performance to be slower than desired.
When the scheduled time for a scan occurs, McAfee SecurityCenter begins to monitor your computer for activity. If no keyboard or mouse activity occurs for 10 minutes, SecurityCenter then monitors for CPU usage. If CPU usage remains under 10% for 10 seconds, the scheduled scan will begin. Please montior the above and get back to us with the status and if you still have any issues with Schedule scan , please click on the Useful Links at the top of this page and click on Technical support and get connected with our chat technicians and they will help you in getting your issue resolved.
McAfee Online Community Moderator
New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.
Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership: