Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
javacool
Former Member
Message 11 of 19

Re: re updates can anyone help me?

Hi,

Just wanted to pop in and clear up a few points, if you don't mind.

SpywareBlaster cannot cause the problems you listed. It also does not conflict with McAfee or interfere with McAfee updates (and, in fact, is built to work alongside security products like McAfee's). It does not have "active"/real-time scanner components.

Best regards.

Small typo fix on 12/13/11 11:23:13 PM CST
Peacekeeper
Message 12 of 19

Ok I would still prefer to know why this file is produced does any1 other than the OP have it on their PC?

maggie107uk
Contributor III
Message 13 of 19

Well I am stumped I havent got a clue what it is I manually updated and it appears and then it auto updates and it appears the only thing is when it updates and you have the count up saying how much is complete it stays at zero but still updates I have checked with McAfee and they have said my updates are the right ones. I just dont know wether to formatt to give me peace of mind or not. I have scanned with everything possible and its not throwing anything up that is there that shouldnt be. Like I said in my previous posts pc is running fine. I googled about it and the only thing I can see is that you can sometimes get these documents in temp folder  when a programme is throwing up an error like java or other programmes but McAfee seems to be running ok. I dont get any errors anywhere. Just hope someone can put my mind at ease. Oops just one other thing it takes ages to scan like 2 hours is this normal? I have it scanning only C/drive and its always taken this long I have had McAfee for 6 months now.

Maggie

Message was edited by: maggie107uk on 14/12/11 11:23:15 CST
Peacekeeper
Message 14 of 19

I am stumped as well the techs were not worried but I can talk again about this next Monday's call if you want.

Ignoring spywareblaster have you got anything not common on your PC?

Re scanning ensure use minimal resources not selected

You can also exclude any large files that you know clean. This is in the scan settings.

maggie107uk
Contributor III
Message 15 of 19

If you can ask again it would be really appreciated I have minimal rescources ticked as well. Maybe if the techs are not worried then its ok. But if you can ask ones again please sorry for being such a pain

Maggie

Peacekeeper
Message 16 of 19

Untick the use minimal resources as having that selected will slow the scan.

teabone
Former Member
Message 17 of 19

I have not been receiving any auto updates to my Total Protection software.  According to "Virtual Technician" my protection is not running and the "old" Virtual Technician" cannot seem to fix the problem.  So far I am becoming less than impressed with McAfee's "protection."  Any solutions

Edward Hall

Peacekeeper
Message 18 of 19

What message are you getting if it is real time protection disabled read

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101225

maggie107uk
Contributor III
Message 19 of 19

ok will do thanks

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community