Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 11 of 34

Re: radial point

Well McAfee's removal tool is listed under Useful Links at the top of this page, any others you should ask them about it,

cbrandonb7000
Former Member
Message 12 of 34

As its been stated before, this is kind of an old thread. The truth is, we had so much trouble (at Tech Support) when installing ATTISS powered by McAfee when the old "Radial Point" software was present, it seems that the installer for ATTISS powered by McAfee got a re-design. Since the redesign we have had no real trouble and I believe that the Radial Point uninstaller has been taken down unfortunately. I know I said to only use the uninstaller that was provided specifically for the Radial Point software, but as we all know the one constant in life is change. Now, since the installer has been taken down and then ATTISS powered by McAfee installer has been reconfigured to allow a customer to "skip over" previously installed components such as old Radial Point software I have had no trouble and had no customers reporting trouble with the new ATTISS powered by McAfee installation. If you are having a particular problem, feel free to post a question to this thread, as I said before, this is an old thread, but as you can see, it is still monitored. Have a great day!

CBrandonB

Message was edited by: cbrandonb7000 on 8/13/10 6:56:43 AM CDT
user_57852
Contributor
Message 13 of 34

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

What I am trying to do is install the QuickClean function within McA AntiVirus Plus.  The rest of the features are already up and working (except for the McSvHost error on shutdown).  Under PC Optimization to install QuickClean is when I get the message about 'Radialpont".  I've looked through add/remove in Contril Panel Settings and did a file/folder computer 'Search' and found nothing named Radialpoint.  Still is asking me to delete Radialpoint everytime I try and install the QuickClean feature.  Is there some other name in add/remove?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 14 of 34

The thread I linked earlier has Radial Point removal instructions I believe.  Otherwise contact Technical Support Chat via Useful Links above.

cbrandonb7000
Former Member
Message 15 of 34

Ex_Brit was exactly right, the message he posted earlier does have a link that leads to the "suddenly missing" Radial Point Removal Tool. You have to kind of know what you're looking for though. Here I navigated directly to the link and am posting here for you. Best of luck, here is the direct link.

http://kb.freedom.net/index.php?ToDo=view&Frame=1&questId=331&catId=13

I have also attached a PDF file of the page so you will be able to confirm that you have linked to the correct page.

user_57852
Contributor
Message 16 of 34

When I go to useful links and click removal tool it only goes to a page that says 'an unexpected error has occurred'.

edit: Never mind,  It took only 5 tries.

Message was edited by: BobB. on 8/12/10 6:38:11 PM CDT
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 17 of 34

It just worked for me.  Here's the direct download link:  http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

user_57852
Contributor
Message 18 of 34

I still don't know what in add/renove I'm supposed to remove.  the only thing in there that says McAfee is the whole macAfee AntiVirus Plus.  Are you suggesting a complete removal of McAfee?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 19 of 34

I'm not suggesting anything, but was merely answering your previous post.  I'm lost as to exactly what it is you are trying to do actually.

user_57852
Contributor
Message 20 of 34

I can''t see that as my problem as I've clearly stated it in this thread.  Scroll up.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community